Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
That skimmer output looks pretty frothy. LOL.

Your rock scape looks awesome, I need to lighten the look of my rocks. I like how breezy that is in your tank.
Your Fuge light is clipped onto your sump. I would cut a piece of eggcrate and lay it over the sump, that way if the light falls it wouldnt affect too much. It looks like there is a nice population of pods in there already.

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
thank you imbarrie i like to make lots of cravices and holes in my tanks but i do want to add a little bit more rock and funny you said that i just finished an eggcrate lid a little bit ago lol. and is it bad that it looks frothy? i adjusted it now so that the output isnt directly towards the glass

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
yea i do have microbubbles in my tank i tried alot of things to get rid of them, not much help i might just tolerate it for now untill i feel like adding another bubble trap at the return side in the sump

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
that video was shot when i had the output of the skimmer directly against the glass so i guess that let the water be able to rise to the top because of the back pressure. now that i turned it to flow freely the water is taking pretty long to even come close to the begnning of the skimmer neck. and i have the water valve 3/4 closed

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
figured i would upload a new video of the tank since i just got my auto top off system today (thanks jaftica working great). vid quality still not great but no big deal, got some new corals nothing crazy tho, i am going away for a week so wanted to wait until i got back to add more corals and fish. i set up all my electrical on the wall of my stand that way no siphon can be made out of my ATO and if the tank was ever to over flow at least my electrical is out of reach. new skimmer is working great to not that much gunk shown in the video cause i just cleaned it out but would deff recommend it to anyone. let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM0i6R3CBno

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: