4-8-12021.jpg

4-8-12024.jpg

Thanks For Looking

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Some pictures of my sump.
I have recently added an ATO with kalk supplement and two TLF reactors for phos. and carbon.
Also added a finnex titanium heater and filter sock.
Things seem to be doing much better now.
PH is stable at 8.2-3

sump001.jpg

sump002.jpg

sump003.jpg

sump004.jpg

sump005.jpg

Dont mind the power stip. It constantly falls off the velcro. Gonna have to work that out.
The only gripe I have with this setup is the size of the sump.

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, zip tie/screw that power strip down!
Other then that how is that plumbing holding up.
CAD has funny pipes you are still using with screw clamps and some flex line as well.
How is it holding up?

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
The plumbing is holding up well. I am not a big fan of hard plumbing. It's hard to make any changes and always seems a bit louder than the soft tubing.
I'm actually thinking of putting the power strips on the back of the stand and removing them from the moist environment.

Last edited:

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Well. Sandy wiped out the tank. I was able to save my fish and shrimp. Also my emerald crabs. They lived in a Home Depot bucket with a ph and heater for over a month at my brothers house. So that was good. :)
Everything else perished. :(
I set back up in December and have run into my share of re cycle problems. Ranging from high nitrates due to adding my fish back in two days after restart and have been battling that up until about a week ago.
I have had Dino's, hair algae (and still do).
I got bubble algae like rice got white.

I have changed my lighting from acan led to current outer orbit +reefbrite, and I really happy to have mh t5 again.
I don't think I will ever go back to led.
Yea that's right MH/T5 for LIFE!!! What u got jerl???lol
So I'm taking it slow now and slowly adding corals.
Some of the pieces that lived through high nitrates are in rough shape but look to be coming back now.
So yea, anybody that wants to donate some coral. I would welcome.
So long story long. The tank is shaping up. I'm keeping on top of water changes and also switched from the Carib sea nsw to Red Sea salt.
I have to say I really like this salt so far. The params are as stated by Red Sea. I'm using the regular. Not the coral pro.
I am however thinking to use the coral pro every third week to give alk a little boost. I hate dosing and have no need to right now.
Params are.
Alk 7.8-8.5-
Cal. 420. :)~
Mag 1280-
Nitrate 16-
Phosphate. Well who really ever knows. It like chasing the dragon.
That's my story. Boring as it may be.
I hope all the post Sandy tanks are healing up. Best wishes to you all

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: