2011-12-07_13-44-45_630.jpg

2011-12-07_13-42-01_324.jpg

2011-12-07_13-41-06_107.jpg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
update:

tank doing well.. coral seems to be colored up and tank stable.. my only problem is phosphates.. i run biopellets in a brs reactor as well as po4x4 in another reactor and my po4 is abt .50!!!

i need help and sugjestions on how to get it down, i did a 30g water change 2 weeks ago and it didnt change.. im setting up to do another 30g in 2 days..

i tested my water out of the ro/di unit and its zero
i tested on the API test kit. i know thats not the best but all i got..

the funny thing is that i have no algea problems water is chrystal clear, im having good coral growth. i just dont get it..

please help.. heres some recent pics of the tank..

If all the animals are doing great, and you have no algae, already running GFO & Bio pellets, and doing water changes IMHO you are already doing everything you can to reduce them. Now you need a little patience, and maybe step up the w/c to weekly versus biweekly.
I am thinking the P04 is coming from your lr which means it is a matter of time for it to ALL to be removed. Practice a little patience my dear.:wink1:

Mike, your tank looks great!!!!!! BTW, why don't you invest in the little Hanna Checker? Inexpensive, easy to store, and easy to use.;)

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
If all the animals are doing great, and you have no algae, already running GFO & Bio pellets, and doing water changes IMHO you are already doing everything you can to reduce them. Now you need a little patience, and maybe step up the w/c to weekly versus biweekly.
I am thinking the P04 is coming from your lr which means it is a matter of time for it to ALL to be removed. Practice a little patience my dear.:wink1:

Mike, your tank looks great!!!!!! BTW, why don't you invest in the little Hanna Checker? Inexpensive, easy to store, and easy to use.;)

i think i wanna get someone to come check it with theirs first, i will pay for the use of the material.. then i will get my own... ive been putting it off.. lol

so if anyone around me has one...

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
If you were closer I'd lend you mine!! And no way I'd take payment for the use of 2 or 3 envelopes.lol I always run 3 so I can compare in order to be certain of the results....

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
ok so i get home from work last night and notice my ice encinita has burned tips.. and this morning its dead, as well as a peach milli... wtf.. out of nowhere. drives you nuts some times..

amonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
mag 1375
cal 470
ph 8.2
alk 8.5
po4 .50 but has been this way for months..
did a 30g waterchange 2 weeks ago
just did 30g again today

retested po4 still 0.50????
making another 30g for tomorow

any sugjestions????

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: