Flashy2003

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well this tank has been up for about a 1 1/2 years but I never got around to posting any threads. So I'm gonna sum it up now. This was my upgrade from a 29 bio cube. It is a 57 Oceanic Illuminata. I used the tech stand that was made for the tank. WHAT A PEICE OF CRAP!!!!!! The worst stand ever!! Anyway here's a list of Equipment on the tank.

57 Illuminata
Tech Stand
20+/- Sump/ Refugium
Aqua Ev-120 Skimmer
Mag 7 return
Mag 5 skimmer pump. Under powered
250 Marine Land stealth heater which killed my hole tank. Under recall. $2300 Claim in the works.
Outer Orbit 2-150 MH , 4-t5 14k Phoenix
DIY Auto top off

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 8.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 207

Flashy2003

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
57 rimless

I went to Paris Island for a couple days and left my better half to look after the tank. Well it just so happens that while I was down there my heater decided to malfunction. Here is a picture of the tank shortly before the disaster.

Attachments

• tank 1.jpg
    tank 1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 209

Flashy2003

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Disaster

Would love to hear about the full details on how this happened (heater disaster).

Well in a nut shell, my heater just decided to not shut off. Ever. It keeps heating up and heating up.Most of my fish died. Some how my two clowns survived. They are indestructible. And all of my corals:banghead: I looked into the heater company online and there stealth line heaters were under recall for this type of problems. So it must of happened to others.

Flashy2003

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Sucks when that happens. Hopefully in your next upgrade you will consider a controller like RK or Apex to shut the heater off when it reaches a certain temp. So even if it malfunctions it won't over heat the tank.

OH yeah, Lesson learned. My replacement heater has a controller with audible alarms and shut off. And that will eventually be connected to a RK.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: