nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Err..So being at the swap amidst all the lovely coral, people and fish made me get the bug. Now I don't know what I'm thinking and you can bet your bottom dollar the wife wants to kill me, but I'm entertaining the idea in any case.

Here's what I've got on hand from my last tank:
  • MP10
  • 150watt DE Halide (14k Phoniex)
That's pretty much the bulk of it, so I'll need
  • Tank (how big? thinking 10-15gallons)
  • Stand
  • Marco rock
  • Faux Background
  • Faux Sandbed
  • A piece of live rock for seeding
  • Some sort of built in, sleek looking filtration
  • Salt Mix ESV
I'm thinking of keeping it very simple, from the inhabitants to the maintainance of it.

I'm thinking some kind of filtration hidden behind the faux wall, creating a place for filter media, detritus to be trapped in, etc and soemthing that can easily be cleaned up. I want to have an open top, and as few wires hanging around as possible.

Hmmmmm...thoughts anyone?

What materials are best for the faux wall and sandbed? Eggcrate, marco rocks, some sand, foam (what kind)...?

-K

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
HAHAHA i knew it. I saw the twinkle in your eye yesterday.kris get an all in one tank like a bio cube.its not messy looking and im sure the wife wouldnt mind it.i know you said 10 to 15 gallon but the 29 gallon is small looking and i think more room will do yu good

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Why don't you look at like a 12g. nano similar what I set up with Zander? All in one plug and play. You can remove the lid if you want an open top look and either use the MH you have of get a simple LED like a PAR 38 lamp--low electric and low heat. Some carbon and a few small WC's a week --literally a gallon or 2 at a time.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Ugh ohhhh

I've been waiting for an all-in-one, plug n play nano w/ LEDs that looks clean and is affordable, Kris. I will continue fighting the itch until then. Fight it for as long as you can bro.

Last edited:

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Hahah Sauce Boss formerly known as Serpico..I'm not back in yet..i might stay out longer just to have u lose that bet ;)

Q, I'm torn at this point. Want a tank but know I should wait a bit longer for various reasons.

Randy, I've been looking into those tanks I definitely wanna stay under 15g if i bite the bullet.

Nigel, I told her what you said and she started :lol2:..you're probably right though

Duke did you really see the twinkle..

I'm gonna try to sketch up some plans and post em up later.

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
15nrv6h.jpg

:smash:

sorry Kris had to do it!!! :lol2:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: