yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Waiting for a fully cycled tank is like waiting for a baby... and i have one so i know.
but the moment finally arrived!! after some sage advice and debates from Skene,Triggerman,Tentacles,Albano.Customtaco,Awibrandy,tonyscoots84,montaquelaveist,Sthill,xxxAngeloxxx,and Imbarrie:argue::groupflip
I've run and stocked my tank. It's pretty much a F.o.w.l.r. tank two oce clowns,2 firefish,1 stardust blenny and sigh...1 cortez wrasse which will be leaving shortly as i found will become too big for my set-up.:frown:
my Tank is fairly bare bones,renaxp4,hob filter with lr and cheateo,two heaters,and coral sun actinic and 10,000k fluoresent lights.i'll possibly get a hob skimmer at some point if i round up the cash or see an amazing deal.
special shout out to probedms and jayuws,who helped me get my rock work game up out of nothing but the kindness of their hearts.
A shot of the tank w/ actinic and leds and my 90 gallon mixed african tank..because.....http://youtu.be/yw0SkeXACyI

Last edited:

yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
here we are...

Attachments

• 2011-12-18_17-43-32_52.jpg
    2011-12-18_17-43-32_52.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 2011-12-09_13-31-29_431.jpg
    2011-12-09_13-31-29_431.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 2011-12-08_01-04-39_238.jpg
    2011-12-08_01-04-39_238.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 2011-12-18_17-52-34_303.jpg
    2011-12-18_17-52-34_303.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 197

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Glad you got it running! =] 2 things though..I hope the chaeto isn't IN your xp4 because it will just die it needs light. Even if it's not be careful it doesn't get sucked up in the filter because it can easily get wrapped around your impeller and burn out the motor. Starry Blenny's are nice looking fish but can be real PR!cks so keep an eye on him. They can be nasty and bite as well as eat corals like zoos.

One more thing, those small rocks on top..I would not have them there like. That that blenny likes to dive in and out of holes and can easily knock that over.

yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks wolf,the fact that anyone could be jealous of my tank makes me scratch my head.LOL. I'm waiting on your set-up man
Trigg,i was definitely worried about that,but he's(blenny) the oldest guy in the tank,meaning i got him first. he's been no problem and is the shyest guy in there. the knuckle head was the damsel i had.smh
he also very rarely goes to the top but i will keep an eye out and consider moving them down. the wrasse live up there now,along with the firefish. the blenny stays lower to middle caves(doesn't trust me since i caught the damsel-his buddy.lol)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Nice video :)

I also am concerned about the rocks on the upper left side..if a fish gets startled and knocks into one...they will all come down and can easily break the glass :( Either move them down or at an absolute minimum - epoxy them into place and/or zip tie them onto other rocks. They are an accident waiting to happen.

Do you have a screen cover on the tank? You should with those 2 fire fish in there...they are well known jumpers. Build yourself a screen top, cheap & easy to do, it will cost you less than having to replace either of those fish!

Good luck with the tank & keep the pics coming :)

yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks Kathy! i thought i would get to meet you at the holiday party but no dice. My tank is pretty mellow and there have been no accidents but you and i believe it was triggerman made valid points. Apoxy is a good idea. i think that's what i'll do actually....Thanks for the advice! oh,yes the tank has a top,the wrasse was a jumper when he was being acclimated so i knew better!

yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Nice video :)

I also am concerned about the rocks on the upper left side..if a fish gets startled and knocks into one...they will all come down and can easily break the glass :( Either move them down or at an absolute minimum - epoxy them into place and/or zip tie them onto other rocks. They are an accident waiting to happen.

Do you have a screen cover on the tank? You should with those 2 fire fish in there...they are well known jumpers. Build yourself a screen top, cheap & easy to do, it will cost you less than having to replace either of those fish!

Good luck with the tank & keep the pics coming :)
Rock situation fixed! thanks for the advice and concern

Wolf DOT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanks wolf,the fact that anyone could be jealous of my tank makes me scratch my head.LOL. I'm waiting on your set-up man
Trigg,i was definitely worried about that,but he's(blenny) the oldest guy in the tank,meaning i got him first. he's been no problem and is the shyest guy in there. the knuckle head was the damsel i had.smh
he also very rarely goes to the top but i will keep an eye out and consider moving them down. the wrasse live up there now,along with the firefish. the blenny stays lower to middle caves(doesn't trust me since i caught the damsel-his buddy.lol)

LoL...yeah man, I've been waiting a long time to start my tank; and my dream is finally gonna be a reality.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: