dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I added mesh as well. But the bottom line for me was how the hell did he manipulate his body to fit. He could potentially just perch/mount/set foot on it and ruin the return/drain ratio and potentially overflow it. He doesn't necessarily have to enter it to mess things up. Right now I have both mesh and Eggcrate creating an unsightly "barrier" .. Still not fail proof.

I know they sell mini float switch that could be mounted by drilling a hole or mounting to acrylc. That's my plan.

This morning it was sitting on the drain.... Think i am going to take it out. The rbta is the only one moving in the tank. My green one is sitting at the very top and hasnt moved since i got it.

Nice setups you have their.. lovee it :)

Thanks!

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Update

I am going to make the other tank into a reef as well since anem are pretty hard to keep in such a small tank. They moved and end up getting caught in the drain causing floods. So i will make one tank a zao/paly tank and the other will be housing my hammer, dunkan, frogspawn and candy can.

Let see what happens, till then here are some shots of some new additions...

Attachments

• IMG_9494.jpg
    IMG_9494.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_9502.jpg
    IMG_9502.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_9507.jpg
    IMG_9507.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_9511.jpg
    IMG_9511.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_9516.jpg
    IMG_9516.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_9521.jpg
    IMG_9521.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_9526.jpg
    IMG_9526.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_9527.jpg
    IMG_9527.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 406

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
more frags

Just added a star polyp, also known as daisy polyps i think. But im sure someone will correct me if im wrong... lol

The other frag is a toad stool. Its pretty small like the size of a penny.

Attachments

• IMG_9813.jpg
    IMG_9813.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_9824.jpg
    IMG_9824.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 342
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
hows the cleaner in your tank? i cant stand mine. hes tremendous and just really out competes everyone and everything for food. making me crazy.

How are your levels holding up with the small water volume? im adding another tank to my setup because my temp fluctuations are getting a little out of control for me.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
My temp is pretty good and my shrimp is no match for my wrasse and skunk clown. I only have a problem when I sometimes spot feed my acan, that's when he starts trying to steal food. I have to guard the acan by pushing the shrimp with the turkey baster.

How many gallons would the second tank be?

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Btw my levels I really don't know. The last month or too i been to busy to check. I just been doing reg water changes. but by visual inspection everything seems great. Everything is growing very well. All but one, my rastas vanished from one day to the other. But other than that's everything has grown very well.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Yea I actually didn't test until I started having problems.

Lost a few sps recently and also have had a ton of hair algae. I actually just bought CPR's new nano tumbler reactor. Awesome buy.

My fish are pretty shy so the godzilla shrimp just dominates everything especially the corals.

I think im going to add a 15 gallon column tank to the mix. Probably just drill an run it as a Refugium/Xenia exporter. Not 100% sure

My temp swings are crazy.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
How many heaters u have? U should trade the shrimp for two small ones. When they get huge they become a problem. They get so greedy and charge at anything for food. Mine is small but if I wanted to catch him all I have to do is put my hand in the tank, he runs right in thinking I'm feeding... Easy catch for whe he gets big.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: