emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I got rid of my 125 in wall reef so many of you have seen but managed to keep a little cube tank with some frags for a few months .
I came across a deal I couldnt pass up for this RSM at $450 brand new including cabinet .
I always wanted one of these all in one tanks I once had a 12 gal eclipse but it was way too small anyway I installed 16 cree royal blue leds and 8 cool whites plus a royal blue led for a night light that is dimable the 4x 16 heatsink from rapidled fit perfect width wise came up short length wise but I knew that would happen and didnt mind.I had to add 2 computer fans on the heat sink and 2 more 50mm fans to help the 2 stock ones that suck air out of the light compartment . Everything in the light fixture works the way it did originally with the stock timer and when the lights go off the nightlight turns on automatically.
The only fish in the tank and the reason for this tank is a blue spot jawfish I picked up from Wingo . I was hoping to get a pair but I didnt even have the patients to see if the tank would go through a cycle and it is going through one .
I also added a vortech mp 10 , a intank media basket and a tunze 9002 that doesnt work apparently they got some faulty venturies so I have to wait for tunze to send me a new one thats why the lid on the tank is open I am temporarily using a sapphire aquatics skimmer that seems to be doing a good job and is built a lot better than the tunze .
Here's some pics

Attachments

• DSC_0131.jpg
    DSC_0131.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 358
  • DSC_0134.jpg
    DSC_0134.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC_0139.jpg
    DSC_0139.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 357
  • DSC_0133.jpg
    DSC_0133.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 352

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Nice rsm,I never seen one in grey only silver n I have the black one ,with the stupid pc they come with,tunze 9002 media basket with the intank cup for the tunze n 2 nano koralia 240 do you have pics on how you set up your leds?

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Nice rsm,I never seen one in grey only silver n I have the black one ,with the stupid pc they come with,tunze 9002 media basket with the intank cup for the tunze n 2 nano koralia 240 do you have pics on how you set up your leds?

I dont have pics of lights but its basically a 4x16 pre drilled heat sink and 16 royal blue and 8 cool whites the whites are in the center row blues on outside rows all purchased from rapid led .
Zany I dont miss the 125 it was becoming too much work it was nice though a friend of mine has it

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Clean tank.. Those pink zoa in the middle left are huge.. Love the red anemone..
those are devil's armor
thanks everyone
I got bored and decided to set up a sump with a diy pvc 1 inch overflow . I used my old 15 gallon custom cube tank made of 1/2 inch acrylic added some baffles and stuff thats been laying around like plumbing fittings, leds and 3 skimmers and this is what I have ..
DSC_0001-1.jpg

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Thursday night I was having severe back pain and my temporary mj1200 return pump decided to die while I was out causing the gfi to trip and shut off the power to the tank lucky for me I had calculated everything and tested repeatedly to make sure the sump can handle all the water if the power was to go out .Why then is there water all over the floor? I cant even bend down to put my shoes on now I have to deal with this ?
What happened was even after all the planning I made a stupid mistake , the air line for one of the 3 skimmers was too long hanging outside the sump so when the power went out it started siphoning the sump out .
Yesterday my pump came in but I could barely walk.
This morning still lots of pain had to roll and fall out of bed but I had to get it done I took some pain killers drilled the sump installed an eheim 1250 externally to avoid extra heat in the tank split the return to feed a phosban reactor split the actual phos ban reactor into a lower chamber for rowaphos and an upper chamber for carbon set the flow for the rowaphos' top layer to gently move took some more pain killers and am laying on the floor dizzy writing this .Pictures will come when the sciatica goes away.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: