Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Hey guys have been wanting a desktop tank for a while and finally pulled the trigger on one but put it at my girlfriends house. The tank is a Deep Blue Rimless 10" x 10" x 10". Total volume is 4.3 GallonsThe lights are deep blue LEDs, the whole fixture only uses 4 watts and has .25Watt LEDs. Not great but enough to keep my rose bulb happy.
IMG_1876.jpg
IMG_1870.jpg
IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg
IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Weird I thought you bought a tank so you could choose the livestock. Yea its small but i didnt pack it with sps and have to worry about chemistry. I have to worry about salinity and temperature, I think I'm fully capable. Thanks for your negative input tho.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Weird I thought you bought a tank so you could choose the livestock. Yea its small but i didnt pack it with sps and have to worry about chemistry. I have to worry about salinity and temperature, I think I'm fully capable. Thanks for your negative input tho.

Wow. That's cool bro.

I wont be as polite as Jimmy.. That's a horrible home for one clown, let alone two.
You can do what you want but if you post a tank like that publicly you have to expect people are going to point out what a BAD idea it is

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Coral as you see from another poster I was far from as negative as many will be.

I was just stating that the stocking selection was well- sub par.....And your very welcome for the negative input.

Any time you need some more set up another tank that is completely inadequate for the living creatures you put in it.

Congrats on your new tank

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Wow. That's cool bro.

I wont be as polite as Jimmy.. That's a horrible home for one clown, let alone two.
You can do what you want but if you post a tank like that publicly you have to expect people are going to point out what a BAD idea it is

And when I posted this orignially I didn't even realize you had an anemone in there too.. Lol. :rolleyes:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
lol poor Coral.... I think it looks cool. Why are the clowns such a bad idea?

Seriously?

Each clown should have at least 10-20 G tank if it were alone. The RBTA should have at least 20 by itself- now combine all 3 and put them in 4.3G of water and the tank is only 10X10X10 for the fish to swim in EMPTY, nevermind with the rock the nem is on.

It's like you being forced to live in a 5'X7' bathroom.

dubcity03

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
seriously?

Each clown should have at least 10-20 g tank if it were alone. The rbta should have at least 20 by itself- now combine all 3 and put them in 4.3g of water and the tank is only 10x10x10 for the fish to swim in empty, nevermind with the rock the nem is on.

It's like you being forced to live in a 5'x7' bathroom.
1+

njreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clarkii clown and a firefish in a 12 gallon. They were fine first few months but now the clarkii clown is almost double his size so I'm upgrading to a 40 gallon. I liked the idea of a table top nano tank, but fish do grow and to keep them healthy you have to upgrade along with them. Clownfish can grown to 4" to 6" inches and I've seen anemones 2ft wide. I'm planning the 40g this year and probably a 90g in two years.

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
While the clowns are that size, they'll be ok, but they won't be happy for long in that size tank. My biggest concern is the RBTA... If the water conditions change slightly, which is likely to happen in that size tank, there's a good chance that it'll go for a walk and end up in the powerhead. If that happens in a tank that size, you're done for.

Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
These clowns are both around an inch they will be fine in there for a little while obviously it isn't a permanent home for the fish. Thanks for all who liked it though. I thought it was cool, they are now floating in a basket on top of my 72 bow sps tank. but I did top off with rodi twice a day a very small amount. The anemone is now the only thing in the tank and it actually is doing quite well under that cheap chinese deep blue clamp on led.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: