ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
hello m/r, these are latest pictures of my 120 gal oceanic tank. i had to redo my tank due to gha out break. i could not controll gha i did everything i could, large water changes, kend phos sponge, truf algae scrubber but no effects, it was growing faster than it was consumed my snails and hermits. so i decided to redo my tank. i took rock out completely left few pieces in the tank and cooked entire rockm, first bleached it for week, then in vinager for few days and keep doing freshwater changes for week everyday. i decided since rock is out already and i want to give new look to my tank i made these pillers and with help of pvc and some cement to bond it togather and after i was done i let it sit again in freshwater for entire week, yesterdya i did huge 40 gal water change syphoned most of sand out empty shells and left of gha from sand and over flow box. added new 80lbs to live sand to have deep sand bed and then added rock and made sure that rock is touching the bottom glass i really dont want it to fell of corals when i decided to add goby in the tank. below are pics of my tank that i took today. next week i willl be cleaning my 75 gal sump and make some changes to the sump take all the sand out and introduce new deep sand bed and have large fuge with some plants and mushrooms. i will be doing 10% water changes every week untill everything comes to normal. corals and fishes seems to be doing ok.

please provide your suggestions and comments.

thank you

Attachments

• IMAG0359.jpg
    IMAG0359.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMAG0360.jpg
    IMAG0360.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMAG0361.jpg
    IMAG0361.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMAG0362.jpg
    IMAG0362.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMAG0263.jpg
    IMAG0263.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
wait you have fish in? if you cooked your rocks you took away the beneficial bacteria you had when you first cycled your tank, live sand or no, this tank will cycle again. I would rehome your livestock until this tank cycles. Also, did you find out the cause of the GHA?

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
i still have plenty of live rock in the sump and thats true it will go through cycle again but very small cycle since it still have plenty of bacteria in sump fuge and 50 lbs of live rock that was still in the sump.

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
40 lbs most and gha cause was rock it self after my tank crashed back in november after that i got this problem and it was out of controll ever since.

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I'd wait a few weeks before removing the sand from the sump.
If you removed most of your sand/rock from your DT you're relying on the beneficial bacteria from your sump. If you remove your sump sand only a week after changing all your DT sand and rock I would expect your tank to fully cycle again.
Just my opinion.

Really like the new aquascaping!

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Ro water and I like the idea of waiting to do anything in sump when I start seeing life in display tank then I will mod my sump thanks for really good advise

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: