cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
First off, I want to thank Eddie (Fu Man Chu) for the countless hours he spent meticulously designing and plumbing this tank, making it no less than perfect. If it were not for all his help, knowledgable advice and support I would have likely been on a long break from the hobby at this point...

As some of you know my tank crashed during a tank transfer / downgrade a couple of months ago. Not really sure what went wrong (and have given up trying to figure it out at this point) but I pretty much lost all my fish and corals, some of which have been with me for over 5 years. Below is a picture of my old 75 gallon:

IMG_20110325_170317-1-1.jpg

As I was selling most of my equiptment to get out of the hobby I came across this Elos 70 and decided to start all over and do things right... I guess I will be upgrading this thread with pictures as my tank gets up and running and progresses. Below is a picture of the tank empty..

elos.jpg

The following is a list of equiptment I'll be using:
Elos 70 Tank and Stand
Custom 20 Long Sump
Elos 500 Skimmer
2 TLF 550 Reactors
MP40wes
Eheim 1262 Return Plump
Eheim 1260 Skimmer Pump
Eheim 250 Heater
Arctica JBJ 1/5 Chiller
And a gazillion pieces for all the plumbing ...
2 AI Sol Blues with controller

Last edited:

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
The first pictures I will start with will be with the pictures of the plumbing and its progression.

The beginning......
1-5.jpg

2-3.jpg

Some of the gazillion plumbing parts...
3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

Starting thew hard plumbing of the chiller...
5.jpg

The drain and the return from the Elos and the beginngin of the plumbing...
6-1.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

The Elos sump....

s1-1.jpg

...and my new custom 20 gallon sump:

s2-1.jpg

And the plumbing continues....

This is an undertank shot:

f1.jpg

Some valves regulating the reactors:

f2.jpg

The chiller plumbed in:

f3.jpg

The final sump with everything plumbed in, using just one pump for everything (some chaeto in the bag, ready to go... Thanks Joe! - lol)...

f4.jpg

Full tank shot with the rock and a little water (waiting to collect the rest of the water):

F5.jpg

I'll try to get some better shots of the pumbing, cause these pictures don't do it justice....

Last edited:

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Looks good can't wait to see it filled.
The sump section on the bottom you should put gym mats on the bottom. Quiets the sump considerably. Home depot sells them for like 12$
Why did you decide to go with a 20 sump instead of stock?

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
Akma, thats for the idea bro!.. Will get the mats tomorrow..

I decided a 20 gallon because i was able to distribute the space better..Fu Man Chu was able to put in a chamber for a refugium, which would not have otherwise been available to me with the stock sump. I like the ato section in the stock sump, but that ato is something i can put somewhere else... =)

Last edited:

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
Thanks foor all the comments guys.. I. Will try to get some pics up of the rock and everything else that's in the tank right now.. And as soon as SaltwaterinBrooklyn gets a chance to hook me up with AI brackets I will have my lights up.. =)

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
This update took much longer than I expected.. I've had way too much going on in my life.. Anyhow, here we go!

Here's a pic of the sump/fuge plumbed and filled.

sump.jpg

(Thanks Joe for the Chaeto and Nuch for the extra live rock for the sump!)

I upgraded my eheim 1262 to a mag 18 (and may upgrade to a mag24 for a little more flow) since the one pump is running the return, the chiller, and the 2 reactors. (Thanks again Fu Manchu for the plumbing and custom made filter sock holder.. =) - it's redonkulous!!)

The light is a submersible sump light made by InTank. I bought 2, but one seems like its more than enough..

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: