• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
So thats it the nano seemed like it was getting smaller and smaller in my living room or I might just have the reef bug...the setup is currently in progress....
Deep blue 75 gallon front glass is starfire
Deep blue stand which I got from a member ended up not lining up with the plumbing on the tank so I had to break out the jigsaw and make it work...
I also didn't approve of the front left side support which has a door on the front and on the side and the support hold that corner was only a piece of crapwood that was half inch by like 2 inches so I added a 1x6 to beef it up and that ended up making the whole stand feel much more sturdy, but now I have to take it back out to get the sump in.......
Just got home with the proflex model 4 sump, I love the bubble diffuser in this sump and it's soo quiet ( I know cuz I have the model 3 on my 60) this sump has 3 socks which is great and 2 bubble diffusers , I was thinking of putting a PVC Y connection to accommodate both diffusers but I haven't made up my mind it may make noise when it hits the Y....or I might throw a Lil pump there and feed a reactor or something just so I don't get any settling (any ideas) its a huge sump with plenty of room which I always like better and it's just a beautiful sump.....
My return will prob be the eheim 1262 or a mag not sure yet.......
Lights.....no idea....I have 10 t5s on my other tank and it's just a pleasure with the Sps ..... I'm scared of failure with the wrong LEDs and I just don't know what to do yet as far as that goes.....many people tell me (led owners and non led owners) you don't get as good of color with LEDs ...what do you think?
Probably gonna pick up some live rock at the swap... Anyway I'm tired of typing and not setting up the tank so as the night goes on I will be posting many pics of progress ;)

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
43cc343d.jpg
f3dc6baa.jpg

cd32ecab.jpg
eeb087bf.jpg

About to start unpacking the sump and taking the stand apart to fit it in.....boy that's be embarrassing if it don't fit lolllll

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I'm just gonna wing it....not sure,was thinking about putting sand there and skimmer and return in middle ......I've decided I'm gonna put a Y fitting right under the tank and split it to the 2 diffusers .....if I put skimmer and return In the middle I'm going to need good flow in the last chamber and no way am I putting one of the drain lines there it would defeat the purpose of the socks...maybe I'll just put a koralia pump there so it blows towards the middle ....or maybe I'll tee off the return and make a mini spray bar

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: