DrAsTiC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I would make that tee on a 90 degree on the side. You will restrict the flow to the sump and might create a gargle sound. The way you have it is creating a trap. As the plumbers say "**** should flow downhill"

And well find out how this works lol I have complete faith in it and all the PVC pipe is this the thin pipe not the thick home depot pipe
89d1790a.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Reefs

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I would make that tee on a 90 degree on the side. You will restrict the flow to the sump and might create a gargle sound. The way you have it is creating a trap. As the plumbers say "**** should flow downhill"

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Reefs

I thought the same , the reason I didn't was because I didn't want it rubbing against the top of the stand but it's only one drain splitting off to two which should still give it maximum flow into the bubble diffusers, I don't know if your familiar with this sump but the diffusers keep it absolutely quiet I don't think I'll have a issue with gurgling down below cuz its still going to have good flow if anything there will be noise in the overflow which can be adjusted.....hey I'm giving it a shot because I wanted to use both diffusers that the sump came with if I only used one then the other one would just collect settling debris.....I was trying to find a 1" Y PVC fitting but you can only get it online and it was like $20 and I didn't feel like waiting for it , I went to buy it and the delivery was estimated at next month sooooo this is what happened and I didn't want plumbing all over the top of the sump so I went to the back with it .....I'll let you know what happens when the tank is filled in 3 months lollll feels like forever waiting for it to fill

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
And there was silence amazingly it's extremely quiet...so I got lots of stuff at the swap today bought a won light off someone temporarily ,the blue moon p30 , very bright and a nice blue ...got live rock return pump and now I'm still waiting for some more water slow build but coming along ;) pics coming soon stay tuned

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
update james!

Working 18 hours a day just this week I don't have time to shave and u want an update well here it is lolllllll I keep filling sump every second I get with or water yesterday I left it on when I left my house and had to call my father in law to go and shut it off......dry rock is in main tank with salt running with a mag 3 mag mag 5 and koralia 7 until the big sump is filled where I can actually start running the tank......I'm picking up 2 more mp40s next week or I might get 2 mp10 for my 60 and take the mp40 s off that tank and put them in the 75....... I got that blue moon aquatics p30 led light which is dopeeee......which will go in the middle of the tank and then I might just get 2 kessels or 2 cannons for the sides

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Wow! So.......sighhhhh.....so I leave the house for an hour today to pick up a paycheck and while I'm out , I get "THE CALL"...."babe, there's water coming into my parents living room downstairs.... Never got home so fast....so I get home and it's a small spot 4x6" with a drop like every 10 seconds. I go upstairs and the skimmer pump hit the ato float valve keeping it down therefore overflowing my sump leaking downstairs.......3 years ago the skimmer output sponge was slightly touching the rim of sump which filled with crap and overflowed while I was upstate which caused me to resheetroock tape and paint the in laws ceiling which put me out of the game for 3 years........now, even though the leak was very minor I know my fatherinlaw won't go to sleep tonight and will be stressed as long as this tank is up here.....do I keep this new setup stored away till we decide to buy a house after our wedding next year or do I sell it now and relieve all the stress ( still have my 60 in the computer room running smooth which isn't going anywhere).?since everything is literally new I was thinking about selling tank and stand for 600 100 less than I got it for and I rebuilt part of it for strength , the sump I just paid 399 plus tax will prob ask 300 , blue moon aquatics p30 retails 499 will ask 400 ,EHIEM 1262 100, live rock 100lbs 200,
Mr1 shorty and tlf 150 reactors with pumps and shutoffs 80
.....I'd let all this new stuff go for 1600....would I be fair if I sold all this at that price? I'm not posting in marketplace yet because it's not confirmed yet....I could throw up after putting all this time in so far...suxxx

Oh and here's an update pic
afb99d86.jpg

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
That will suck if you sell it ..how come you just don't upgrade the 60 to the 75 in the computer room

Tried that already....lol I live with a paranoid fianc? and paranoid Inlaws downstairs, I mean they have every reason to ... My girl doesn't like change and I change everything but usually shes very happy when I'm done like I rebuilt my whole apartment and she loved after just not during...and since the 60 has been running smooth with no issues she thinks I should leave it that way....if I don't sell it's going to my mothers house till we buy a house next year

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
That will suck if you sell it ..how come you just don't upgrade the 60 to the 75 in the computer room

Tried that already....lol I live with a paranoid fianc? and paranoid Inlaws downstairs, I mean they have every reason to ... My girl doesn't like change and I change everything but usually shes very happy when I'm done like I rebuilt my whole apartment and she loved after just not during...and since the 60 has been running smooth with no issues she thinks I should leave it that way....if I don't sell it's going to my mothers house till we buy a house next year?.......
In the middle of me typing all this conversating with the wifey....
I'm pushing for upgrading the 60 which is still a very nice tank which is still hard to part with lol. ......it's reef bug in full effect right now..lol what to do headacheee:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I think the 75 is goin in the computer room and I'm probably gonna save the 60 anyway it's such a sweet tank although when we get a house I'll prob want a 300 + cuz it'll be MY house lol..... Well we'll see hopefully I can keep this thread going lol

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
So I just got home from work and my fianc? says why don't you just leave the 75 in the living room if everything is fine now.....I looked at her and gave her a smooch lolllll...and now I'm off work tomorrow so I'm gonna reroute my ro feed through the attic and look into changing my drainage ( its really not that bad but could be better) and I'm gonna start unpacking my 60 and get it back to just Sps until the 70 has been established for some time......I've been plotting about asking my girl to just keep the tank and tonight she says just leave it, i can't believe it !

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: