nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Yes, the title is not wrong :teeth:. Nanoreefer22 is once again a nano-reefer. This may come as a shock to some, but there will be no upgrading I pray.

The tank I got from Randy aka PrattReef has some history behind it and Randy could tell you a little about that as I get this tank started. Also a big thanks to Randy for giving me the tank, skimmer, and some eggcrate for my freshwater fish.

The tank is a 20g with unique dimensions, 36 inches long x 14inches high x 9.5 inches wide.

The skimmer is a Bermuda skimmer that Randy had running that he recently replaced. It's being soaked, so no pics of that yet.

The tank is going to be lit by 2 36inch 10K VHO's. That makes for 192 watts over a tiny tank. Although the tank is going to be mainly softies and some LPS, I had the lights laying around so it's more money saved. Going with 30 -40lbs of sand and an open rock structure.

Flow will be taken care of by what ever powerheads I can dig up :teeth:.

Here are some pics of the tank and canopy as it is right now. This tank was reef ready but I'm going sumpless with the set up. No water until Saturday night. Tomorrow I'll be patching up the holes with silicone and glass, one piece of glass on the side and one on the outside and sandwich them together.

The overflow box is going to used a refugium so no room is lost.

On with the pictures cause I can talk a whole lot. BTW the canopy is not finished. It needs a few more pieces of wood. A background will be put on the tank, don't worry:teeth:. Can you guys tell that's my favorite smiley.
With the lights off...
000_5044.jpg

And with the lights on...
000_5045.jpg

That's all for now, more to come. Stay tuned you won't be dissapointed.
-Kris

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Just a little update. Got some rock in the tank and got moonlights installed that I had got from Jay a while ago. Lights up the tank nicely. Heres one pic of the rock just thrown in there and the front of the tank.

The only powerhead showing is an aquaclear 301(Thanks again Jay), theres another powerhead with tubing attached in the overflow box so its unseen but adds about 100gph to the tank and the powerhead running the skimmer is hiding in the overflow box too.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 103

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
ooo shiont son... I see a badass reef in the making! I like the borders on the tank, makes it look like a picture in a frame :) Glad to see nanoreefer going back to his nano roots. Leave the big tanks in aquariums, nanos are for the brave. :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: