NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ok, well i know my buddy jim will be happy to see this thread lol, know he wants me to finish it so i can get it out of his garage, tank is a 45g cube 24x24x18 that i am making into a all in one, i know down the road i will wish i had gone bigger, but ive really taken some time off to decide if i had wanted to ever get back into the hobby, do i miss it ? some parts of it i do, others i was so glad to be out of it, i have kept my 24g ap running thats been up about 5 years so not like i didnt have a tank but thats my what ever tank

ok for flow i have a mp10w, a bm5 hob skimmer that seems like it will be a beast on my tank, have a custome nano led along with 2 powerbrites antics, custom stand thats a furniture grade quality, huge thanks to jim, other equit is bm 3 way doser, ato, and a ton of other crap, that we will see what makes the final cut, just have to figure how i want to do the return, really looking at a external pump so i can run alot of other stuff off it also and save room in the back of the aio,
more to come on equipt, as for how i plan to stock the tank, well i have a ton of sps still, thanks ago to jim for holding and growing all of it for me, but un-decided if i want mainly zoa's and a low maintanance tank { so hard cause i love them crayons } thanks david aka dace for getting me hooked on them, fish wise my yellow watchmen ive had for years, a pair of true percs and maybe a couple of smaller other fish{ why i will hate having a smaller tank, i love fish } alright figured id make a post to start this eventually running tank, still figure a month or so before it actually is ready to set it up

Attachments

• 11111 001.jpg
    11111 001.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,403
  • 11111 003.jpg
    11111 003.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,461
Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ok some updated photo's

here it is till i get the canopy made, actually this is probably been my favorite and nicest set-up yet... friend in the hobby saw it and thought it was a factory tank... once again ty to jim cause if it wasnt for you i wouldnt have this looking like it is... light stand is temporary till canopy is done

Attachments

• 45g tank 019.jpg
    45g tank 019.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,411
  • 45g tank 017.jpg
    45g tank 017.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,479
  • 45g tank 010.jpg
    45g tank 010.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,418

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0

ok well i got some of my sps back from my friend jim who graciacously grew my frags into mini colonies for me, also got my rbta from him as well

Attachments

• 45g tank 1 021.jpg
    45g tank 1 021.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,337
  • 45g tank 1 030.jpg
    45g tank 1 030.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,395

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
str, lol yes i just tape the tank off and primed and painted it, stupid me didnt scuff the trim first which i am regretting now, as someone who use to paint cars i know better

ken, yeah it was just a marineland 45g cube that i made into a aio, i forget where i got the acrylic, ordered it online, was actually pretty cheap even with shipping, got a 4' x 18" piece which worked out perfect, thankful i have a friend with more patience then me { jim } he cut all the acrylic , honestly if i didnt tell people it was made and not factory they wouldnt know.

ty pete, lol 8 yr's of messing around i finally really planned a system out, helped having alot of equipt to decide how i wanted to do it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: