MVS

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’ve been kind of hanging out in the background over the past few weeks and have already met quite a few helpful individuals. So, I figured I would place a post of my newly set up tank. It was upgraded from a 6g NC that was up and running for 7 months. All of the LR was transferred over, around 4 gallons of the water and all of the inhabitants.
<o =""></o>
…so far so good. I’m just thinking of adding a few new corals so I’m open to suggestions. I’ll probably be adding a brain on the right hand side of the tank where there’s room on the substrate for a new addition.
<o =""></o>
My equipment consists of:
Aquaclear 50
Aquaclear 30
Satellite – dual 40w; 1 – 40w daylight & 1 – 40w actinic
IceProbe
<o =""></o>
Livestock
Colony of yellow polyps
“ “ of <st1:city><st1 ="">yuma</st1></st1:city><st1:city></st1:city> Rics
“ “ <st1:state><st1 ="">florida</st1></st1:state> Rics
“ “ Candy canes
Hermit
Cleaner shrimp
Clown
Around 10lbs of LR
Couple of snails
<o =""></o>
I think that’s it.

PS Check out my images
<o =""></o>
Let me know you thoughts.
<o =""></o>
Thanks!

PPS Can anyone tell me why these stupid faces are appearing.

Last edited:

MVS

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the feedback and sorry for all the faces...lol

Edit: I'm not sure what happened but I edited out the smiling faces from my fist post; weird, that never happened before.

Last edited:

MVS

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I actually sold it to a member on this site; firehazard – cool guy.
<o =""></o>
It was great little setup after I modified the hell out of it. I winded up removing the ballast to increase airflow and decrease heat, replaced the stock fans, added a surface skimmer, added a Y – valve to better direct the flow, upgraded the pump & added a refugium by peeling off a piece of the black vinyl that covers the back and shined a 10w 50/50 bulb.

MVS

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Chief: Despite the fact that they're marketed as "plug and play" they really aren't. If you're willing to make a lot of modifications then I would go with it. Otherwise, consider a standard AGA. One of my biggest problems with the NC was the heat issue. The fact that it's such a small volume of water coupled with the fact that I happen to have high ambient temps, heat was definitely an issue for me. Maybe if you get the 24 it would be ok but I've heard that people have had problems with the larger ones cracking. Not as much with the '06 model compared to the '05 but I have heard of a couple of cases.

House: thanks very much for your feedback, I appreciate it.

MVS

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks to everyone that left such positive feeback; I appreciate it!.. I just can't believe that I'll probably be moving in 4 months or so and will have to take down the entire tank. On the bright side, the move is only from Bklyn to Queens.

On another note, I should be picking up a brain in the next few days; lol. I'll try to post some pics when I find a good price on one. A store in the city, can't recall the name but it's on 38th St on the east side, has some nice Red ones but they're asking $50. That might seem reasonable but they're pretty small IMO for that price.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: