Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Here is a story...

Before i went away for vacation 2 sundays ago i noticed at least 5 of my corals started to look bad. It wasnt stn or rtn but something wierd. So im checking everything before i leave for my 8 day vacation and all my levels are perfect ( many say perfect but i mean perfect ). Tested every level multiple times with different test kits.

I come to realize and remembered seeing my clown goby nipping at some sps. So i sat and wondered is it possible?. I have to vote yes. He was bothering and doing what clown gobies do, destroying sps to either perch or lay eggs. I came back from vacation and seen him going to town on multiple sps at different times. I decided enough is enough, but how do i get him out with all the rock and corals :eek:.

I tryed a fish trap (waste of my time) this fish is really smart. So on to the next idea... I decided to trap him on the right side of the tank by the 3 rock towers. I used 1 sheet of eggcrate and moved the rock towers to the right to make room for the eggcrate divider. My first attempt, he swam to the rock towers perched himself and i placed the eggcrate divider in the tank and was happy. Took all rock towers out of the tank and went to go swoop him up and he swam right threw the eggcrate :arg:.....

2nd attempt, i thought about it and double stacked/staggered the eggcrate so the boxes are half the size. Got him to go back to the towers. I had asked the wife to hold the eggcrate in place. I had gotten the towers out once again, went in to swoop him out and he darts off for the left side of the eggcrate and escapes :arg:....

3rd attempt, placed towers back and waited once again. He is in the towers again. Now i made sure that both sides where flush to the glass walls on both sides. Took out the towers AGAIN and went in and got him out FINALLY..... Just a reminder to all, please do your research on the fish you introduce to your tank cause it took me an 1hr and 1/2 because i figured mine wouldnt do what it says it may do :happysad:... Lesson learned the hard way but my goal was not to disrupt the whole tank.

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I had acro crabs killing mine off so No worries. Crap happens. Tank looks good though. Yeah I am doing a 100g with 35g frag and 30g sump. This is my last upgrade for a while until I find my final home.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: