kingator

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
lol i cant wait for this one .....get ready for the good abuse again lol . your threads are incredible man , love it lots of fun and most of all great systems u run GLWB .....

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
yea rob its gonna be in the same spot. i got everything ready already just found out tonite about the 120 and am so excited except for all the work i gotta do :(...... water will be made by friday. getting more salt on friday as well. I also order a ton of stuff that will be delivered on friday as well.

make sure you don't get any faulty buckets/boxes of salt as ive seen a few people on reef2reef get there tanks wiped out from ot testing everything in there new batch of salt waters. Hope all goes well tony, cant wait for the pictures to start rollin threw.

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I figured, 20in depth better. Did you personally picked the tank? WhenI see db tanks in stores the rimless ones vary on how strait the corners and seams are some near perfect some off. Seeing all these new builds got me wanting a bigger tank. I rushed the first one due to excitement of getting back into fish. Im watching all these treads to make sure i get it right this time.

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
once I can get my rodbuilding shop in the basement Ill pull out a few wood strips to see the subfloor. That will be a outside wall ,house is 2 fam brick but built in the 60s my 40 is on the opposite wall. I had a 65 fowlr tank there years ago. I think I can get away with a 90. I think 120 is pushing it. I now own the house with my gf and her mom in the down stairs apt. since she lives down stairs she kinda has to agree she hates fish tanks and is old school german she thinks everything is gonna be a disaster lol.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
once I can get my rodbuilding shop in the basement Ill pull out a few wood strips to see the subfloor. That will be a outside wall ,house is 2 fam brick but built in the 60s my 40 is on the opposite wall. I had a 65 fowlr tank there years ago. I think I can get away with a 90. I think 120 is pushing it. I now own the house with my gf and her mom in the down stairs apt. since she lives down stairs she kinda has to agree she hates fish tanks and is old school german she thinks everything is gonna be a disaster lol.

I'm pretty sure if you can get what the floor support is (for example 2x12 ect. someone here can tell you what is the most you can have on that floor.) If you put the tank across the beams not going with it, i think you will be fine for the most part. But find out please ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: