JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Posting this for greenlawns(Giacomo) We did a transfer from his RSM130(34G) to this rimless 57. He's not familiar with how to maneuver the site or post pics so he asked if I'd start a thread for him about the new tank.

It's been a CRAZY week with this tank lol- we set it up on Sunday afternoon and did the transfer, then work on his house started earlier than anticipated so we had to move it to another room today. We drained all the water from the sump and half the water from the display, had a worker help put magic sliders under the stands legs and we pulled it slowly to the other room(about 20 feet from its origial spot) and I built a pvc frame to be just good enough to hold his lights up until it gets moved back into its final resting place next week.

The transfer went well, we used his existing live rock as well as some additional Real Reef rock, his water along with some nice fresh mixed and new live sand.

The livestock in the tank are:

Fish

Pair of saddleback clowns
Coral beauty Angel
Diamond Goby
1 Fire Shrimp
1 Melanarus Wrasse(was hiding during the picture taking)

Coral

Toadstool
Goniopora
White long tentacle plate
Brain
Lobo
Meat coral
Leathers, 1 colt
Colony of zoas
GBTA

We still need to repostion the brain to a much better spot, all in due time.

Also has some assorted hermits and snails but we need to refresh his CUC with some new members:)

Hopefully everything survives in the longrun, here are pics of the tank:

Here it is in its original spot before we hung the lights:
_DSC0811.jpg

Here it is in its temporary new home. It will be going back to the same wall it was originally set up on, just at the other end:
_DSC0814.jpg

_DSC0816.jpg

_DSC0817.jpg

_DSC0818.jpg

_DSC0822.jpg

_DSC0819.jpg

_DSC0824.jpg

_DSC0819.jpg

_DSC0826.jpg

_DSC0827.jpg

_DSC0837.jpg

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Giacomo you gotta figure out how to post pics(ill show you next time) and put up some pics of that torch you got tonight once its open all the way.

Jim pics look awesome thanks for everything

Anytime brudda, bakala, mino, crazy Italian and a million other names I like to call you- all in good ways that is ;) lol

Glad you're happy with the tank. That's ALL that matters to me.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: