Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, I'm starting a new saltwater tank. I had built my own stand, Now before anything I'm a contractor so my stand is all level and plumb, and I built it strong enough to hold a car, lol. This is my problem I bought a AGA 90 Gal reef ready tank. When I bought the tank home I had layed it on my carpet for a few min's before I was going to put it on the stand and I noticed that the tank wobbles. I said ummm, so I put he tank on my stand that I made out of 2x4's and plywood top and the tank does not wobble BUT I look under the plastic trim on the bottom and I noticed that there is spaces I can see between the plywood base and the plastic trim. The space is very slit but I can see light. the plastic trim is not laying flat on the base all the way around. I don't know if I fill it it will settle our will the seams split after time. Should I return the tank?, Also I put a level on the top of the plastic trim and noticed that the plastic trim is not straight I can see space from my level to the trim, Now is this just the way it is. Any ideas speak away.... Thanks for your help

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
is the tank new or a used purchase?
make sure you leak test the tank before you do anything with it. fill it and make sure it holds. i had an extremely bad experience with a used tank last summer...threads on here someplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: