Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Well this is my new tank build for my 60 Gallon Deep Blue tank. I bought this tank used from E.in.the.C. Tank stand and return pump was in immaculate condition. THANKS E

Equipment

60g Deep Blue tank
Marineland stand
Custom made 100gpd RO/DI (made by me)
2 x Vortech MP10es
Tunze 1073.020 return pump
Maxijet 400 Utilty pump for ATO
2 xTunze 5024.04 Feed pumps for Reactors
Vertex Omega 150 Skimmer
Manado Live rock
Custom King Sump (I love Jeff's work)
Custom King ATO
Apex Full with add-ons
Bubble Magus dosing pump
ATI 8x24w T-5 Fixture (Thanks Tonyscoots for upgrading endlessly :p)
2 x TLF Reactors for carbon and GFO
Coralife Turbotwist (Thanks Ambage for the deal)

Frag Tank

11g Mr. Aqua AIO (Custom King)
Tunze 9002 skimmer
Tunze 5024.04 mini pump (for flow)
Aquaclear 10 filter for carbon
AI Vega color
AI Wireless remote

Now the pics..

I cleaned the tank with water and vinegar. Came out clean as a whistle

IMG_20121224_202637.jpg

Cleaned and painted the stand. I sealed it with black silicone and reinforced the bottom so I could add caster wheels so I could move it around if I needed.

IMG_20121224_202654.jpg

This is the wrong way to do it. I had to change it to a 3/4" sheet around the entire perimeter so the stand was level and sturdy.

IMG_20121224_203616.jpg

Finshed stand and tank

IMG_20121222_163757.jpg

Had a 200gpd RO/DI years ago that I made that I ended up dropping and breaking into pieces beacuse it was so heavy and ill made. So this time I redsigned it and went with ony a 100gpd but 5 stages and booster pump. If I bought it made this way it was $400. I did it for $200 with parts new and used units. No shortcuts taken. I might upgrade it later but for now 0 TDS is great.

20130124_215651_zpsd282a044.jpg

Got my skimmer in broken. The air intake tube was sheared off. No worky skimmy!! So I canabalized some tubing and fixed it myself.

IMG_20130107_204610.jpg

IMG_20130108_184224.jpg

IMG_20130108_192426.jpg

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Well in the process of getting the tank ready I had a setback with my health and my 24g Cardiff. I ended up killing 75% of my livestock. 1 fish survived and all corals bleached or died. Upsetting to say the least but I wasn't going to quit. So now I needed to hurry up and get this tank running. None of my equipment was in.

I eneded up getting a 20g tank from Petland for $20 bucks to use as a sump, skimmer fixed. Now all I needed was light and water movement. Enter the Imfamous Jackson6745. He loaned me his ATI fixture and Vortech pump after Sandy. Thanks bud. So the tank was up and running with my LR and sand from the 24g.

20130111_181721_zpsa7745bfd.jpg

That worked for a month until I got my NEW sump which I had designed so I could use all the space under the stand and still use my new skimmer which requires alot of space.

20130119_110215_zps1d59d4b9.jpg

20130119_115257_zps9d458843.jpg

And now the sump is setup like this: And yes I have to organize my wires :p
20130202_153013_zps7c5c55a0.jpg

20130202_030103_zpsd421bd98.jpg

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
With the new sump in the skimmer adjustment had to be mad to get good stable foam head which wasnt possible with the glass sump and no baffles. Also I got my new lights and new bulbs in. I went with 4 ATI Blue+, 2 GE 6500k, 2 Fiji Purple. Looks like 12k.

I quickly found out (remembered) that my baffles were set to a 9" height but the skimmer needs 8" and with the overflow of water adding another 1/2" I need a skimmer stand at 4am..

20130202_024752_zpsbf8a140e.jpg

Now I could start re-stocking my tank with all of the livestock I lost PLUS some...

20130202_152651_zps85eac5be.jpg

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
And the answer is yes!. I have a tang, trigger and an Angel in my tank. Everything is 2" or under. I am already going through the plannig stages of a 120G upgrade. 6 months and it should be up. But until then this tank is going to house all of my future treasures.

I am running a UV sterilizer on this tank because of my last problem with ich and I want no more problems. QT and UV!! Everything gets dipped and dripped.

I am not finished aquascaping either. I wanted to have all of my rock in already but the Manado rock was delayed due to flooding in Indonesia. So wait I shall. When that comes in it will be cured in a seperate tank with change water from the 60g, skimmed with a 1000sss and heated. Same tank parameters as the DT will be followed until cured.

I want to thank all the people that I got Equipment, corals and help. It's been rough to say the least over the last couple of months. From almost dying to recovery and still trying to maintain a tank and do an upgrade. Alot of old friends and new came through for me. So I will try to make this tank sucessful no matter what and it will continue to be a work in progress.

Thanks,

Kasei (all pixs taken with a SGS II no editing)

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
That's an Ati sunpower Jim. It's never as easy as adding water and coral with Kasei. There's always a story. He's always killing chit or breaking something :) Finally everything is stable and looking good. I can't wait until you get the monando rock in. Looks great bud!

Last edited:

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
That's an AYI powermodule Jim. It's never as easy as adding water and coral with Kasei. There's always a story. He's always killing chit or breaking something :) Finally everything is stable and looking good. I can't wait until you get the monando rock in. Looks great bud!

Makes reefing more interesting when you guys are around :)

When you coming over for drinks? and frags . . . . . .

Jim

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Kasei, sorry to hear of all the bumps along the way! Happy your health is doing good!:hug::cheekkiss

All your hard work has paid off! Tank looks wonderful.:wink1:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Thanks Awilda. Eric, I am going to change the scape next month but I want everything to settle in for a while. Hey Jimmy, I lost the frogskin and Kedd table :( I will be coming with clippers and Paypal.

Thanks Rich. I think lol

KuyaMark

Pinoy Reef Addict!
Rating - 99.4%
173   1   0
Yeah Jeff's sump is killer. Loving mine and he makes it to EXACTLY what you want. I thought you got out of the hobby??

Yeah I "got out" but my son wanted a tank in his room so I picked up a 34 gallon AIO tank and I got bit again by the reef bug so now I need a tank for myself lol. I tried to get out but I got pulled back in "once a reefer....always a reefer" hahahaha

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I just tried the Vega color over the tank just to see what it would look like and it just isn't enough for my tank. I think I would need 2. But together with my ATI fixture and the colors are sick. I have glitter lines and the POP is nice

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: