fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Here's my new tank. My lights won't arive till Wednesday so until then I've got NO T5s on there, 46 watts total. :(
Black sand, about 75 lbs live rock 20 gall sump with fuge (live rock and cheato) 5 gallon auto top off, Eheim 1262 return to a SCWD and Aqua C Remora skimmer.

I'll be gong with 2 150 Watt HQI Mh bulbs (can't wait).

Here are two full tank shots till I get the new lights. I'm not sure what to do about skimming. I need a bigger skimmer but don't want to give up my fuge.

Attachments

• PICT1219.JPG
    PICT1219.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 311
  • PICT1221.JPG
    PICT1221.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 306

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Fred it's lookin gooooooddd. Don't worry ur lights is gonna be here sooner than later.

For the fuge thingy why not baffle of the fuge so you have space for a skimmer? Or go with one of those higher GPH HOB Protien skimmers?

Right now I have no baffles but I'm gonna have a fuge and the skimmer in the sump at the same time. ;)

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Fred, looks great! I dig the colors against the black sand.

Mike Marrone has a Deltec hang on for sale in the classifieds. I've only heard great things about it. (I'm ordering an in sump version for my new setup)

B

fritz

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I was thinking maybe marrone's deltec for a new skimmer. My sps are not going to be happy with this Remora. It's also giving me tons of micro bubbles. I need to get rid of some of my sps also, I feel like it's way too crowded and it's going to stunt their growth.

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
fritz said:
I need to get rid of some of my sps also, I feel like it's way too crowded and it's going to stunt their growth.

Tank looks great, long way from the empty tank I saw. I'll take a couple more SPS's from you if you're looking to sell some off. Let me know.

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Fritz, that tank looks great nice a clean looking. I really like that black sand it qiut a contrast. The aquascaping looks cool too. I'm just confused what lights do you have on there now ?

fritz

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Yeah I've got serious film, could be dust from not wiping the tank down before putting water in or it could be from the sand. (I don't believe in washing sand before using it) I'm thinking about putting the prefilter on my Remora to try to get rid of it.

The lights are a 2 bulb NO coralife T5 unit that I got for $10 on craigslist. I think it's 43watts total.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Looks really good fred. After seeing ur tank i might go with black sand ohhhh wait i dun like sand.. ill go with a black marina board :lol2: i love the way it contrasts out.. its gonna look even better when u throw in ur new lighting..... get your self a BIG SKIMMER and a something to move (agitate) the top layer of the water and low and behold that film will be gone really quick...

fred what do u have in there for water circulation....

fritz

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Thanks everyone,
There's a good amount of surface agitation it's an Eheim 1262 fed through a SCWD. I'm still up in the are on the skimmer situation. I agree I need a bigger skimmer but I don't want to give up my fuge. To separate the fuge section into skimmer and fuge, I think would make the fuge section pointless. It wouldn't be able to hold enough rock, sand of cheato to do much of anything. Also any pods created by the fuge would end up in the skimmer cup.

I wanted a fuge to create a nice food supply and create a little more of a self sustaining ecosystem (I'll provide the light.) Still not sure if I want to give up the fuge to a skimmer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: