Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
I just bought a 34 gallon solana from a good friend which i'm picking up on Sunday. This tank will be setup at my office.
Current Equipment.
34 Gallon Solana with Solana Stand.
Lights will be a AI Color Vega or Sol Blue
Skimmer Tunze 9002 with Air valve mod
Media Basket
Flow 2x Tunze 6025 or 1 Jebao wp-25
Either starboard of 1/2" sand just to cover the bottom.
Need to find out where Rookie bought the canopy for the last one i bought from him.
Controller, Reefkeeper lite
Heater 100 watt Eheim jagar

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
My current canopies were made by "bueller", the thin wood trim was mad by current, not sure if it's still made.
Skip the media basket, more trouble than it's worth (i have 2, so i speak from experience), just make boxes out of egg crate.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I have a media basket. It came with the tank and think it's nice. I'm not sure if I'd buy one again but I wouldn't cancel my order.

The Tunze gets lots of mixed reviews. Most don't like it that much. None of the hob or nano sized drop in skimmers are going to work like a proper in sump or external skimmer, but the Aquamaxx HOB-1 and the JNS WS-1 are excellent.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
personally ive tried tunze a couple times and did the airline mod, unless that water line stays exactly perfect all day it flux's too much and this is where their design flaw is, the factory one water level can flux and still skims. lol ive tried a few skimmers and always went back to the factory one

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
I have a media basket. It came with the tank and think it's nice. I'm not sure if I'd buy one again but I wouldn't cancel my order.

The Tunze gets lots of mixed reviews. Most don't like it that much. None of the hob or nano sized drop in skimmers are going to work like a proper in sump or external skimmer, but the Aquamaxx HOB-1 and the JNS WS-1 are excellent.

Ok Thanks, I read your thread and saw you went with other skimmer, but i did not want to cut the section out so it can fit.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Nice I also have a solana 34 .. Following, I just ordered the pacific sun Triton s 145w hopefully it'll be good for this tank even though it coverage is a bit wider I might need one of those canopy you speak of.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
And if you get an ATO I'm assuming the tunze 9002 will work perfect with the airline mod.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Ok Thanks, I read your thread and saw you went with other skimmer, but i did not want to cut the section out so it can fit.

It definitely was a pain to take out, lol.

You'll be fine with the airline mod. Worst case, just do more frequent water changes. 10% or 20% water changes on these tanks is nothing.

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Nice man.

I'm another one that's not a fan of the tunze nano skimmer. Had a few of them but it's a pain and I think a waste.
I ordered the same silicone tubing the tunze skimmer uses when I did the airline mod. Paid freaking 25$ for it.
I have leftover for you if you want some man.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Nice man.

I'm another one that's not a fan of the tunze nano skimmer. Had a few of them but it's a pain and I think a waste.
I ordered the same silicone tubing the tunze skimmer uses when I did the airline mod. Paid freaking 25$ for it.
I have leftover for you if you want some man.
That would be great. when can we meet up. where did you get the air valve for the mod. In the video it showed that he used a plastic screw and nut. what was that for.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: