E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Did you stop using the skimmer? I know you mentioned it a few posts back. What does your water change schedule look like?

I have the JNS WS-1 skimmer and I'm very happy with it. No bubbles in the display at all.

Great looking tank by the way.

reefboys

reefboys
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks E.intheC,,water changes are every week,,i was thinking of getting that skimmer,i have a cpr bak pak on it now,,its ok ,,maybe i will get it thanks.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I got it from SoCal tropical fish outlet .com. I think they're the only company that carries it.

You will have to take part of the plastic (in the overflow chamber, the part that holds the sponge material) out. It won't fit otherwise.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
If you're looking at the tank head-on, the intake chamber on the left hand side has plastic that holds a piece of foam. The plastic goes almost all the way to the bottom of the tank. You'll need to remove all of it. And that's not a fun process. Much easier if the tank is dry.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Oh not that what about the middle chamber where some insert the customer IN TaNk media basket would I need to cut that also or does it jus come out w some force? If I wanted to insert the media basket or make a fuge or something for example

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
That should be fine. I have a media basket running in my tank at the moment. Really you just need to remove the piece of plastic that I mentioned above. Everything else should be as-normal.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Idk my tank had a black piece with holes on it to prevent any sort of media rack to be inserted ill just get a hammer and chisel and get to work on that soon I guess

reefboys

reefboys
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
thanks Eric,,the cpr skimmer is working out fine after i made some changes to it,,maybe down the road i'll do the switch and deal with the back chamber:groupflip

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Idk my tank had a black piece with holes on it to prevent any sort of media rack to be inserted ill just get a hammer and chisel and get to work on that soon I guess

That piece should pop out on its own. Unless the different versions of Solana tanks are different (I think they're the same here but don't know for sure)...mine came out easily and the media basket fit no problem.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That piece should pop out on its own. Unless the different versions of Solana tanks are different (I think they're the same here but don't know for sure)...mine came out easily and the media basket fit no problem.

Thanx ill try again

reefboys

reefboys
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i'll will one day rookie07 thanks ,,and Monkeymaks24 that piece that you and Eric are talking about on here pops off very easy not a big deal,,and like i said before i would like to see ya's tanks!

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If you want details check my thread its called " refurbishing my used solana 34". Here's a pic

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1371946120.476271.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1371946120.476271.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 157

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: