Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I put a Tunze9006 in my 72Bow yesterday, I see foam at the top and fiddling with the air intake so I got that down. What I am wondering is there supposed to be that many bubbles?? Probably half of my tank is micro bubbles, makes it look kind of cloudy :/ Will it settle down after a few days or do I have the air up to high? There is nothing in the collection cup (not that I would expect that yet). ANy input would help :)

duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I had micro bubbles in my tank, very annoying !!
I din't know what to do until I got an idea! :idea:

this is how I've solved my problem
IMG_2368_zpsdf264e93.jpg

a filter sock in the output of the skimmer

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
It's not going to settle down. You need to follow the manufacturers direction on the water depth the skimmer needs to be sitting in (in case you didn't). As far as the bubbles it depends where the skimmer drain too. If it's way above the water then it's creating a splash and also getting bubbles from the skimmer body which is because it's in a canister filter. Figure out a way to drain it quietly.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As far as the bubbles it depends where the skimmer drain too. If it's way above the water then it's creating a splash and also getting bubbles from the skimmer body which is because it's in a canister filter. Figure out a way to drain it quietly.

The intake is on the front of the Tunze and the out flow is on the bottom. I will admit I am a little over the water line but not by much. Maybe because it is next to a power head that extra turbulence causes bubbles? A person at the LFS said that maybe because I finished treating for ich recently the Microbe-Lift might be bubbling as well?

Rating - 100%
346   0   0
He hit it on the head you told me that you treated tank recently which will make skimmer go crazy.You have to do water changes till skimmer settles down.Shut off skimmer and try 30% water change if that dosnt help shut it off and try another 20 % in a couple of days

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: