TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Tommy very clean setup!

thumbs-up-128.png

Thank you :)

I'm going to test my Alk tonight and then adjust as necessary. Water change day is Thursday. I will test again for 1 more week and get my results, then start the dosing process.

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
So 2 weeks ago I added a 6 line and a male Anthias. I currently had 2 females in the tank n the 6 line is fine. Nice
And docile. The 1 female I had rapidly started to turn make after I introduced the already male Anthias in the tank. What should I do?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397087628.249217.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1397087637.098120.jpg
You can compare this to a previous picture

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
So I tested my tank tonight I've been keeping an eye on it. I need to raise my alk a little bit higher to get it above 8. Everything has been pretty stable my temperature usually sits at 78-79*.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398747779.811841.jpg

I'm not noticing any significant growth maybe because of the taotronics LEDs I'm using. I'm not 100% sure.

My gf wants me to move the tank on the other side of the room so we can put a sectional couch In the living room. I really don't wanna move it again. :(

My fish are doing great. My mandarin is nice & fat. I have 3 Anthias as described in the above post. 1 is a male for sure. 1 is a female. And the 3rd seems to be half and half.

I added 2 cleaner shrimp and 4 tiny chromis recently. I also added about 10 more asterna snails since my hermits keep killing them for shells. I'm going to add 5 or so more Nassarius snails to sift the sand.

My question is at this time is about a starfish. I want to add a red and or a blue one. Any ideas?

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
So my gf wanted me to move the tank to the other side of the room in this little nook area. Drained 30g out and moved it with furniture sliders (thanks Justin for the tip) took about 2 hours start to finish. As you can see in the reflection it's right near a double window, but the blinks will be closed to prevent algae growth.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
So I tested my tank tonight I've been keeping an eye on it. I need to raise my alk a little bit higher to get it above 8. Everything has been pretty stable my temperature usually sits at 78-79*.
View attachment 160021

I'm not noticing any significant growth maybe because of the taotronics LEDs I'm using. I'm not 100% sure.

My gf wants me to move the tank on the other side of the room so we can put a sectional couch In the living room. I really don't wanna move it again. :(

My fish are doing great. My mandarin is nice & fat. I have 3 Anthias as described in the above post. 1 is a male for sure. 1 is a female. And the 3rd seems to be half and half.

I added 2 cleaner shrimp and 4 tiny chromis recently. I also added about 10 more asterna snails since my hermits keep killing them for shells. I'm going to add 5 or so more Nassarius snails to sift the sand.

My question is at this time is about a starfish. I want to add a red and or a blue one. Any ideas?

alk is low i like to keep in 9's
cal is high for your alk levels
what is your mag levels?

what did you test your phosphates with?

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
alk is low i like to keep in 9's
cal is high for your alk levels
what is your mag levels?

what did you test your phosphates with?

I need to order a new mag test kit because I have the reagents for the Red Sea but I misplaced the glass vials.

I tested my phosphates w/ my Hanna checker.

I'll look into rowaphos, once this BRS GFO is gone.

Thanks for answering! I've been talking to the wall recently lol..:sigh:

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I'm still dosing because I want to bring my Alk up to around 9, just so I have that play.

I dose from 10:30-10:40pm (when I'm home) 1.1 ml/m

Slowly bringing the Alk up over time.

Do those test results look like they sync with eachother? I don't have my mag reading just yet. I can't wait for this to get here.

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Ok so finally got my Red Sea mag test.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399948374.448986.jpg

My results :
Mag - 1320
Alk - 6.8? I dose 1.1ml/m for 15 min at 1pm & 20 min at 10:25pm. I'm going to have to increase this. Tested before dosing at 10:25pm.
Cal - 456ppm
Temp- 80.1*
Salinity - 1.026
pH - 8.4
Phos - .02

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Besides alk being low, do those results look okay? I have up'd my dosage for alk as of tomorrow. 4x in 15min intervals. So a total of 60ml/day. I will check tomorrow night and see the reading. I checked tonight after dosing and it was at 7.3

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
You need a better timer for those dosers if you using 15 minute increments...better to hand dose until you get your number dialed in then finally get a controller that you can set by the second.. The more frequent and smaller doses you can do the more stable the parameters will be.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: