SlamaJama

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.3%
152   1   0
masterswimmer said:
Randy, the losses are very disturbing. I'm so sorry to hear that. Would it benefit the system to do daily water changes, taking water from your established system, adding it to the new tank and replacing the fresh SW into the established system? Seems to me you'd be adding nicely matured, cycled water to the new tank and exporting NH3 & NO3.

Just my thoughts. Please keep us posted.
R
this is a sound solution..im sure u want the cycle to progress and complete itself but concidering the fish r distressed, it would be good to do some w/c's

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
randy, did you get up the gutter guard on the overflows, maybe some fish are down there.i m sure you checked i you need some more help, i can come by.

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Randy... I'm also happy to swing by if you need a set of hands... let me know. Sorry about the fish, the tang looked pretty bad in the bucket yesterday, hopefully it was the transition and they're the last to go.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
right.jpg
center.jpg
left.jpg
Ok. some updated photos.

fulltank.jpg

tripstank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Randy,
It looks great! I wish I could of stuck around longer that day, but who who would want to miss out on an MRI? My fiance also had a wonderful time and was amazed. Glad to hear everything is up and running.

Nice meeting the group as well, I had a blast! -and got a few frags too:spin:!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: