sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Peace MR,
New to the hobby, about 3 months in. I picked up this tank from a friend how was moving and didn't want it anymore.
Since getting it I've added a large piece of live rock, I've modded the back chambers with InTank Media Baskets, Upgraded return pump to a Cobalt MJ 1200, added CPR Skimmer, Kessil A150w and Korliia 425.

Will be getting a larger tank soon and adding some coral to this tank as soon as I can get my nitrates a bit more under control. Not really sure what direction to take with the coral. Open to suggestions.

Fish
2 Paired Clown Fish,
1 Yellowtail Damsel
1 Six Line Wrasse
1 Engineer Goby

Inverts
9 Sand bed Snails
3 Emerald Crabs
RIP - Turbo Snails

[IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af250/sun1914/IMAG0117-1.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my HTCONE using Reefs

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
bio cube can handle all kind of coral. i have seen people keep challenging coral to leather coral. dont think the return pump is a upgrade, i think the factory pump have more gph and more quiet. the link you posted does not work for me. might want to check it.

welcome to MR

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
It's a good start. Ditch that Koralia 425 and invest in a Vortech MP10. You'll thank me later. Tank looks less cluttered and you can do more with the flow. Also look into the Hydor Flo. Cheap upgrade at I think $10 and it randomizes everything. Will help with dead spots you have in your tank if you have any

MJ1200 is an upgrade over the stock pump viplok. Stock BC pump returns 243 GPH and the Cobalt is at 295. Noise is about the same too.

As for your Bio-load, ditch the Wrasse and the Damsel. The Nitrate problems you were explaining in your other post are a direct result from trying to feed and keep 5 fish in an aquarium that size. I've tried it before and it isn't pretty. You'll start developing some unsightly algae.

As for the Emerald Crabs. Why 3? What are you feeding them?

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
It's a good start. Ditch that Koralia 425 and invest in a Vortech MP10. You'll thank me later. Tank looks less cluttered and you can do more with the flow. Also look into the Hydor Flo. Cheap upgrade at I think $10 and it randomizes everything. Will help with dead spots you have in your tank if you have any

MJ1200 is an upgrade over the stock pump viplok. Stock BC pump returns 243 GPH and the Cobalt is at 295. Noise is about the same too.

As for your Bio-load, ditch the Wrasse and the Damsel. The Nitrate problems you were explaining in your other post are a direct result from trying to feed and keep 5 fish in an aquarium that size. I've tried it before and it isn't pretty. You'll start developing some unsightly algae.

As for the Emerald Crabs. Why 3? What are you feeding them?

Thanks for the suggestions. I plan on moving the Wrasse and Damsel out as soon as I get my 75g next weekend.

The crabsare eating all the algae off the rocks and pretty much everything and anything that hits the substrate.
They'll also be going into the 75g. I'm going to leave the biggest one in the BioCube.

Would love a Mp10 but they are so expensive. This Koralia is way more attractive than the Marineland 400 I had before. That thing was a brick.
My plan is to keep both tanks running, the BC and the 75g. So it's important that I get this one running as good as I can without going broke cause I really wanna show case the 75g Rimless.
Not sure what the Hydor Flo is about but will def look into it.

I bought a phosphate and calcium tester yesterday and those 2 levels are good. Cal is 460 and Phos was .25 which I'm told is decent.

Want to get some zoas and polyps to add some color to the tank and get my clowns something to host. They spend all there time in the far left corner of the tank. Maybe once the others are out and they have coral they'll roam out more.

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Few changes and new coral placement. Added a rbta and my green impolsion and seafoam fragged themselves lol so I placed them on a plug.
Ms Dubs, already told me I need more color. I'm working on it. :)

RIP- to one of my clowns

IMAG0245.jpg

Last edited:

Jenna X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Ooo I didn't know I got a shout out lol I have a biocube as well. You definitely need more color though :) You know Pop Corals is around the corner from me.

What kind of powerhead is on the back? gph?

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Ooo I didn't know I got a shout out lol I have a biocube as well. You definitely need more color though :) You know Pop Corals is around the corner from me.

What kind of powerhead is on the back? gph?

:)
It's the least I could.
It's a Koralia 425.
I live 10 mins from Max Reef. I would love to visit Pops but it's an hour ride. I just happen to be around u picking up a 75g tank I bought that day. Worked out great.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: