ReefLover

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well after not being in the saltwater game for over 14 years i decided to start an empty 75 gallon i had on a stand and decided just to do a FOWLR set up. I say small as my other 2 tanks are a 90 gallon and a 180 gallon. This 75 will be my only salty atleast for now, lololol. I want to thank EUROREEFER for helping me get back into the Saltwater hobby. I have been out for so long but have realized that the hobby has come a long way. He was kind enough to lend me his RO/DI unit until mine arrives and i was able to make all the water for the 75. Keep in mind that although i kept Saltwater in the past i was using bottled water and never an RO/DI unit, although i kept fish alive it was probably more luck than anything else....LOLOLOLOL. Any how after thinking things thru and doing a ton of research on here and elsewhere, i opted to buy an AC 110 and a REEF Octopus BH2000, (I do have an EHEIM PRO3E CANISTER FILTER) but was advised that for saltwater this would not be a good option, so i will stick with the AC 110 and the Reef Octopus BH2000. For heating i will run 2 Aqueon 200W heaters, and for water movement 2 Koralia 2750 Wavemakers. In these pics you can see the start. The Octopus was test fitted and ran to make sure there are no leaks. I use teflon tape on all places where there are fittings, everything works PERFECT. The only thing running now is just the 110 AC. I will be attending the Frag Swap meet to buy much more LR, this will be a bare bottom LR set up, did i say i wanted simple, you bet. The 950 Magdrive you see in the pics was just to circulate water for a 24 hour period so i could check salinity levels which are at 1.024. I have taken the magdrive out, so no worries about it staying in there, lolololo. Thats the pump i use for my 180 water changes. LOLOLOLOL. Waiting on another heater and the wavemakers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: