turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man just look at it like this? you have your tank running and growing out these big show pieces for the big framed master piece! this tank is going to be great? I'm looking up to this long build? and forget about when that rock is active and purple.. you can set your display exactly how you fit.. :) I'm doing a 120 build myself and I've been collecting pieces over a year and just having my 75 just linger in the stone age?. lol looking forward to the future. thats all i have for now

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Over this past weekend, I got a chance to dig into the next part of this project (lighting).
I fabricated a rack that will hang from the inside of the canopy.
It is made out of aluminum, and is held together with pop rivets.
I drilled 4 holes in the top of the canopy to slip the hanging chains and wires for the end caps through.

I ran it through a cycle on the PC4 that controls it, and all went well :)

Lighting:
(3) 400w 20kMH in lumenbrite mini pendants
(4) VHO atinic

Attachments

• 300 VHO.JPG
    300 VHO.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 714
  • 300 MH VHO.JPG
    300 MH VHO.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 664
  • canopy lights.jpg
    canopy lights.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 661

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
That's the best lighting spectrum IMO, beautiful system. If this is going to be SPS dominated I would remove some rock though. You're gonna need the room for growth, fast growth ;)

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
The video is impressive,the color of the lights is perfect . is there any way of having a few guys lifting the ends of the canopy high enough to get the colonies in ?

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hi Alfie,
Here is what is " still remaining in the frag tank " after I moved the coral up into the 300.
I think now is a good time to do a bit of house keeping getting into the nooks and crannies.
also, look at all the frags I created during the move.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 517
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 505
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 509
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 514
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 509
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: