+1 nice to see how your tank has evolved over the years. especially when you got it out of the basement. LOL

nice assortment of fish. is that a blue mandarin? is it eating well?
Thanks, it's been pretty well, I have to admit. The best part is, I'm not even paying as much attention to it anymore so I guess "autopilot" is working out better for me.

Yes that's a blue mandarin and it has been eating well, occasionally he will also pick on frozen food if it moves the right way lol

I'm still trying to fill in every rock with coral and maybe a few more small fish. My favorite right now is the lamarck angel, if you look back he was only a little 1" fry now he's all grown up lol

a367181669cb223bda40334ebc4b8477.jpg

2086ee147506249c32796b8055c3df0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I just read this entire thread,,GREAT WORK!!
Its funny how at the beginning you were comparing different blue backgrounds and now it doesn't matter,, That Clam looks pretty cool, and are you starting SPS?
Ill be getting a cube soon. I really like the depth.

Also, I noticed you got rid of the MP40s for a GYRE,,better choice or no? I currently have 2 gyres that Ill be using.

I just read this entire thread,,GREAT WORK!!
Its funny how at the beginning you were comparing different blue backgrounds and now it doesn't matter,, That Clam looks pretty cool, and are you starting SPS?
Ill be getting a cube soon. I really like the depth.

Also, I noticed you got rid of the MP40s for a GYRE,,better choice or no? I currently have 2 gyres that Ill be using.
Yeah the background totally faded away with the mix of coralline, algae and GSP growing on the glass.

The clam is absolutely awesome, I got it recently from a fellow reefer who had it for 4 years. I was really never into SPS and honestly I'm still not, however, if I get a frag I'll grow it out but I won't go out looking for one.

In regards to the Gyre, yes I like it way more than the Vortechs. One it's a lot quieter even at max speed, second it's way more compact IMO, the flow is a lot stronger for it being a single pump and lastly, (knock on wood) I've never had anything get caught in it like the MPs which were magnets for my anemones for whatever reason.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: