2Sunny

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm back . . .

O.k. so I took some time off, but I'm back again and ready to update some info.

I bought the Deltec Kalkwasser stirrer and I thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread. No kidding . . . I tried two others the used pumps to stir the kalk and they kept clogging or degrading, but this bad boy runs untouched for weeks at a time.

Also I did some minor aquascaping inorder to make room for my recent purchases from Greenwich Aquaria (Rockin' great store!)

The first shot include a goniopora, stylophora, and ? acro as well as the wrasse and the shrimp all of which came from Greenwich. The second shot is my latest whole tank look. I'm beginning to think I want to pull out the tangs and add a whole lot more little fish. We'll see . . :grouphug:

Jan07newbies.jpg

Banner07Jan.jpg

2Sunny

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Coral and Flame.

I like the acro you picked up from GA, I think I saw it, was it this one?
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/galler...5/3/3/ga45.jpg

Hey that's an awesome shot of the coral I bought; I'm saving my pennies so one day I can buy a decent DSLR with a good set of lenses. For now I guess I'll settle for admiring the work of great photographers like yourself. :wink1:

As for the Flame I lost my first one during the Great Northeast Power Outage, but both my original and this latest addition were/are model citizens. I understand they can be hit or miss, but so far I've been lucky, and I'll bet your guy will be a great addition.

Have you ever thought about writing an article for MR on photography?

Thanks again,

Joe

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
That's a great tank. Let us know how the deltec kalk stirrer keeps up with your alk / calcium demands. Doug talked me out of buying one, stating that he didn't think it would do as well as 2 part in keeping up with the calcium demands of an sps tank. He also warned of the possibility of "honeycombing", which I've heard is a false misconception with using kalk as a means of calcium/alkalinity maintenance. Please let us know what your experience is with it.

Again , GREAT TANK!

2Sunny

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Kalkwasser.

Fritz,

Thanks for the kind words. I do not use the Deltec as a stand alone system. I use it in conjunction with an MTC ProCal Calcium reactor. I found that the calcium reactor alone could not keep up with the alkalinity demand and was driving the pH lower than I wanted (7.8 to 7.9 measured with a PinPoint). Now that I have added the Deltec I hold a steady pH above 8.0 and my alkalinity no longer requires supplementation. I'll be curious to see any longterm issues, but so far in the 4 months or so I have been running it I have had no problems. Truth is I have almost always used Kalkwasser as my top off water. The only difference is I tried using a homemade gravity fed tub, a PM stirrer, and an AquaMedic stirrer before finally settling on the Deltec.

Cali-Reef,

Hey Joe, what's your user name on RC??

JPMagyar

By the way I couldn't help noticing those first two "fish" pictures in your gallery. They are some of the prettiest fishies I've seen in awhile . . . ah to be young again :help:

Joe

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
Amazing tank and colors 2sunny .not to mention love that you have colonies and that big anemone .

Keep up the good work ,and watch out ....those colonies will be frags before you know with us :lol2: jking

Welcome to MR !!

Ronen

2Sunny

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Torts.

Cali,

You're not David Playfair r u? That's where I got one of my 2 Oregon Tort colonies from. The other came from Rick Souta of www.Reefstuff.com.

Small world here in reefdom, heh?

Joe

When I got my frag it was a 1.5 inch branch and today it looks like

BestTort.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hey that's an awesome shot of the coral I bought; I'm saving my pennies so one day I can buy a decent DSLR with a good set of lenses. For now I guess I'll settle for admiring the work of great photographers like yourself. :wink1:

As for the Flame I lost my first one during the Great Northeast Power Outage, but both my original and this latest addition were/are model citizens. I understand they can be hit or miss, but so far I've been lucky, and I'll bet your guy will be a great addition.

Have you ever thought about writing an article for MR on photography?

Thanks again,

Joe

saving money while having a reef tank is hard :knockedou

I did have a flame angel before also, he was a great fish. I lost him while he was in a holding tank during a tank switch, it still hurts when I think about that :( I keep hearing different stories so I like to ask peoples experiences.

thanks for the photo props. myself and pedro(another photographer) have thought about writing some articles or having a seminar...someday we might :lol:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: