jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Water flowing
yvypuses.jpg

ege6u3eh.jpg

Still lots to do though. I figure around 3 days to fill. On Thursday I pick up the 65 gal tank I'll use as a refugium and the sand for the DSB is on the way. Still got to mount some stuff though but with the snow day today and my day off Thursday I figure I'll be running by sat or sun latest.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
New update.
Water is at capacity and I was hoping to get the DSB in today but UPS screwed me and I'll have to wait a few more days. Tonight I'll be adding a bit of stone I have been saving up and a nice piece of LR from my other tank. And the cycle will be underway.
Sump and reactors
FAD71FF6-28E1-4F43-8250-51EA99867FE4_zpskmxcgq4q.jpg

Frag tank
EAEC4007-A2A1-4EDA-A2B7-F181605C2AD4_zps1jyehbs5.jpg

This will be the refugium with DSB
C86E407F-AFDC-45ED-BF3B-020C8581DE12_zpseuk8fjbp.jpg

And my RODI is all back to normal and ready to go. Got this to shut off when storage container is full. Pardon the mess
AECB5E12-BD02-4AE8-B548-9F4E97ADBA97_zpsks1p1t0i.jpg

I don't expect the cycle to go to long considering I'm really just transferring everything over from my 90. Really I just want to let it run for a couple if weeks to work out any issues.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So I've been moving along and started transferring some corals to the frag tank today.
gabety5u.jpg

Here is the frag tank in place
u2u8aga5.jpg

Sump with reactors and dosers in place
tazuqaje.jpg

Refugium though I still need to add a bit of sand which will come from the 90 when I break down. Also has my snowflakes in there for now. Not exactly sure what I'm doing with them yet.
pymapyra.jpg

Picked this up the other day and intended to use it as a circulation tank but low and behold it's all tempered so I made it a salt mix tank instead. 47gal.
9e2ygyme.jpg

I set up PVC to hold a syphon so that I can pull water without having to use a pump.
6eqaqy6e.jpg

Here is the whole shabang. The empty space will be for the circulation tank. I'm planning on either a 44gal pentagon or a 37gal pillar to use there
epe6yta8.jpg

Next up is to continue moving corals and stone. I also will be ordering my skimmer in the next few days and I need to get a new light for the refugium, leaning towards a 2 bulb T5. I figure that should be plenty to get to the bottom of the 24" tank. Anyone have thoughts on that fire away. Till next time thanks for looking.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ok so no real updates here. The system is running well now and I'm hoping to have the room where the DT will go finished soon so that I can move forward.

The tank will go here
aqutypym.jpg

If your wondering that is not the footprint for a 200DD. It is the footprint of a 180gal. After considering cost, size of my fish, and location I decided that the 6' length would be more benificial then the 3' depth.

So if there is a mod avail please change the name of my thread from 200 to 180. Thx

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Room is almost finished. Got the floor in over the weekend and only have a little more painting left to do.
72DBD1DE-8D4C-44D9-B938-93D8EC267846_zpsukc3o5mz.jpg

I'm still not sure if I need to brace the floor from underneath, but I probably will. Not sure what I should use for that so any ideas are welcome. My first thought was just 4x's from floor to studs but please offer so suggestions on that. The floor is 2x10 with 3/4" ply if that helps, and the tank will go on a outside wall. Thanks for looking.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Nice floors

Room is almost finished. Got the floor in over the weekend and only have a little more painting left to do.
72DBD1DE-8D4C-44D9-B938-93D8EC267846_zpsukc3o5mz.jpg

I'm still not sure if I need to brace the floor from underneath, but I probably will. Not sure what I should use for that so any ideas are welcome. My first thought was just 4x's from floor to studs but please offer so suggestions on that. The floor is 2x10 with 3/4" ply if that helps, and the tank will go on a outside wall. Thanks for looking.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Progress:

Tank and stand are in the house
D8B90583-E22C-406D-9191-EF2A55571E3F_zpsetf3q6zy.jpg

Support wall is was also built and is in place
65EA0CDE-762F-4D29-AFB9-BEC389011C29_zpsy9kniane.jpg

And this morning I have been working on the light rack. All built in pine to match the stand. This is the same design I used on my 90g except longer obviously.
8089C621-BD4D-4E32-8875-3B3FEF59997A_zpszag25rzg.jpg

That's all for now. I should have the rack finished tonight and ready for staining. Thanks for looking.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
We are filled and I'm slowly combining the water each day. I have been turning the pump on for about a min or two to circulate it into the main system. All looks good except that the power heads are moving some sand around as you can see. No sandstorms just some drifting that I expect to stop once the sand is weighed down with bacteria.

For flow I have a mp-40 on each side and 2 WP-25's on that back wall under the cross braces facing towards the middle/front glass. Those I have turned down very low thought. In a few weeks I should be able to fire the flow up more on them.

I expect I should have this running by Thursday and then it's stocking time. Here is a couple of quick pics with just blues and just whites. Enjoy
96B30D9A-EB5E-4AC8-B852-8FC78B325FF5_zpscbkuuefn.jpg

93F88DE9-09B3-42B8-B95A-60D79E3DF750_zpsipjdwunr.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: