JohnM

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've had the tank running for about 6 months now but I have seen a lot of other peoples tanks on here and figured I'd make my own since I'm always doing changes to it. I am also currently fighting hair algae and losing badly I have to say :(.

This is my current set-up:
-75 Gal DT
-10 Gal Mangrove DT
-Proflex Model 3 sump (20.4 Gal)
-BRS GFO & Carbon Dual Reactor (Rio 800 pump running it)
-Coralife Turbo-Twist UV Sterilizer 9W (Rio 800 pump running it then return for Mangrove DT)
-2x Acan 600-18B LED lights (DT)
-Homedepot LED spot light for Mangrove DT
-SWC Xtreme 160 Cone Protein Skimmer

I will take and post pictures tomorrow

JohnM

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Also I did mention about fighting the hair algae but I didn't exactly explain how bad. My Nitrate levels are at 15 which is high and I've been battling that problem as well with little luck. There were a few factors to account for that. First being that my DI filter needed to be changed and was running about 20 PPM for about a month of ATO and water changes (which is now changed and back down to 0ppm). I am not over feeding doing water changes every 5 or 6 days now and sucking as much hair algae as i can without pulling it off. My tank is still full of this no mater what I do and I'm about to drain the tank and boil all rocks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: