Tranquil201

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hey MR,

Just wanted to share my upgrade that i've been slowly getting together.

Heres a few quick pictures. I'll post much clearer pictures later today. Just slowly filling and checking level to make sure it doesn't shift as it's on carpet. I placed 3/4' Plywood across the front to level the tank as it was leaning forward. Now the tank is dead center level on all sides. Currently filling, trying to figure out a new aqua scape and getting the PVC piping together.

150G Tank.

30G Breeder Sump custom made by (MasterSwimmer) himself "Saltwater Critters" thanks again Russ! Skimmer Chamber, Fuge, Return.

Attachments

• New 150 Setup 001.JPG
    New 150 Setup 001.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 372
  • New 150 Setup 002.JPG
    New 150 Setup 002.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 365
  • New 150 Setup 003.JPG
    New 150 Setup 003.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 365
  • New 150 Setup 004.JPG
    New 150 Setup 004.JPG
    296.8 KB · Views: 362

Tranquil201

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Today's Progress

Added more RO/DI. Overflow PVC to sump complete. Did some more Aqua-scapeing but I'm not happy with it. A lot of the pieces are big I think I will need to take a hammer to some. I'll just keep shifting pieces around the tank until it forms into something. I have a very large Lobophylia show piece size and want to make it the center piece and build around it.

What does everyone think? Center the Lobo or place in right side back corner. I know making it a center piece I will have to be more careful of other coral placement due to the sweeper tentacles. Some pics.

Attachments

• photo 1(1).jpg
    photo 1(1).jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 300
  • photo 2(1).jpg
    photo 2(1).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 295
  • photo 3(1).jpg
    photo 3(1).jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 297
  • photo 4(1).jpg
    photo 4(1).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 297

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Hey B, looking real nice. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

I love your lobo. I'd definitely look to keep it a centerpiece, but I'd most likely look to keep it to the right to avoid 360 degree sweepers. Sort of restricts it if you can put it towards a glass barrier. JMO, YMMV

Russ

Tranquil201

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Tank is full and cloudy =O)

Attachments

• New Tank Setup 001.JPG
    New Tank Setup 001.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 269
  • New Tank Setup 016.JPG
    New Tank Setup 016.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 268
  • New Tank Setup 019.JPG
    New Tank Setup 019.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 263
  • New Tank Setup 020.JPG
    New Tank Setup 020.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 259
  • New Tank Setup 023.JPG
    New Tank Setup 023.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 262

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
B, a filter sock on the filter sock holder will help to catch particulate matter instead of just circulating it from DT to sump ;)

Looks like everything is working as it is supposed to work. Nice job with the plumbing.

R

Tranquil201

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
B, a filter sock on the filter sock holder will help to catch particulate matter instead of just circulating it from DT to sump ;)

Looks like everything is working as it is supposed to work. Nice job with the plumbing.

R

Hey Russ,

I had it on but removed it last night to much foam was building up and would leak over the side of the sump a bit. I think the foam production is from the sand still settling. I will put it back on in a few days and see how it goes. It might also be that I went a little to short with the PVC going down to the sump and the splashing is causing the foam inside the sock. I can always just add another small piece to the other side of the bulk head fitting on the holder that would be easily removable when I have to clean it. Yea the plumbing went smooth after you mentioned that hose barb and the coupler for the return to fit the 1'' pvc.

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Hey Russ,

I had it on but removed it last night to much foam was building up and would leak over the side of the sump a bit. I think the foam production is from the sand still settling. I will put it back on in a few days and see how it goes. It might also be that I went a little to short with the PVC going down to the sump and the splashing is causing the foam inside the sock. I can always just add another small piece to the other side of the bulk head fitting on the holder that would be easily removable when I have to clean it. Yea the plumbing went smooth after you mentioned that hose barb and the coupler for the return to fit the 1'' pvc.

:) It'll take a little while for things to settle down. Equilibrium will settle in. ;)

Keep those pix coming as you see changes happening.

Russ

Tranquil201

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Water is nice and clear now. More pics coming. Testing is showing traces of Ammonia 0.4, Nitrite 0.1 and Nitrate 2 according to RedSea marine care kit.

While tank is cycling I started putting my Rapid LEDs back together into the Onyx fixture enclosure.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs2014-03-03 13:24:05 EST.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2014-03-03 13:24:05 EST.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have anything supporting your floor? Is it necessary? I have a 90 gallon and I actually have nightmares of my tank crashing through the floor. Everyone tells me it's fine but it scares the crap out of me.

Tranquil201

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
No floor supports I just won't sit in the corner of the living room on the first floor-where the tank is over J/K =)Trust me I was worried too. I just asked a lot of Questions and read a lot about the weight dead load/live load and weight distribution. I slowly filled the tank over a few days and listened closely for any type of creaking in the floor. It's in my living room on the second floor. I placed it against a load bearing wall (outside wall) and close to the corner. Basically every article/person said it will be fine and should be able to support over 1500LBS. To be honest to biggest concern was the tank shifting from settling in the carpet. All has gone extremely well so far which I'm happy about.

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine is also against a load bearing outside wall and in the corner...so I need to stop having the nightmares and just rest easy.:redface: Love your sump. Are your sides removable on your stand? I wish I would of thought of buying a stand that has removable sides and/or no center brace AND a bit taller. It's such a pain servicing my sump.

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was also looking to switch from my Proflex Model 3 sump to a Trigger Systems sump but I would have to break down my tank to get the Proflex out of there. If I were to do that, I might as well go ahead and get a new stand with removable sides and/or no center brace and about 4-5 inches higher. But at this current time, $$$ is keeping me from that project.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: