beastium

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
This is my first tank thread. Also my first time setting up a reef tank big enough for an overflow.

The tank and furniture is an AquaVim custom seamless 33g Bowfront combo.

Equipment
DIY 20g 3-chamber sump
Tunze 9002 skimmer
Evergrow IT2040 w Custom layout
10W LED waterproof pendant 6500k + RGB sump light
AP5100 600gph return pump
Jebao Wp25
Jebao Wp10
Finnex 150w titanium heater external control
Aquavim ATO
Aquavim media reactor to run phosban

urupa6yt.jpg

vybamyvu.jpg

apa7ubes.jpg

8avyry9e.jpg

Waiting til 4 AM for the water to fill.

Last edited:

beastium

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Got some uncured Florida LR. Not as impressed as I was when I first saw Florida uncured rock. I think I'll try gulf live rock next. No visible corals came on the rock and haven't seen any mobile hitchhikers yet.

I wanna put some sps on top left, anemone maybe in the middle, lps on the right bottom, zoas scattered around.
What u guys think of the rock
Before uncured
uqybyju3.jpg

With
rugyza3e.jpg

Last edited:

beastium

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yea I had the rgb color changing version so the white isn't that bright (combined colors). I tried a clip on beamswork but I think the (10000k + 460nm) temp wasn't right on it. Now have a clipon desk lamp with a 13w 6500k cfl bulb. Looking to get some chaeto and fuge seed like pods and stuff.

Waiting in the mail for phosguard to put in my reactor, bc the gfo is getting stuck in the sponge that separates the bottom from the top part that holds carbon. Also ordered some plastic Npx screens just in case.

I want to try vodka dosing. Would it be ok to just start off with like 0.1ml a day manually then gradually more? Is it ok to skip a day or. Five

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: