jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Tank running smooth. Was vinegar dosing for a while but stopped. I have been just dosing prodibio bio clean and special blend. No gfo or carbon for months.
Upgraded skimmer to bubble king mini 160. Also upgraded dosing to apex dos. Both have been running good. Had some issues at first dialing in the Bkmini but it's been running good since. Here's a few pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Thanks bro.
Have not updated in a while. Tank still running nicely.
Added a Santa Monica algae scrubber. Been keeping my nutrient levels in check. Still doing weekly water changes religiously. Also using prodibio biodigest every other week.
Here's a pic of sump area

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Also added a blue carpet which I got from the reef shoppe. Great deal and the carpet was in great condition. No need to treat. The carpet has been in my tank for a few months now.
Here's a pic from a few weeks ago. Has gotten bigger. It currently host a sexy shrimp and a porcelain crab. My pair of tomatoes do not pay it any mind. They stick to their Rbta.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Thank you.
The scrubber is what I actually believe helped me finally bring my nitrates down and stay down. Over a year ago I decided to check my nitrates which I never have since I was getting an increase in algae. I was shocked when I got the results. Used Salifert and API. Both were in the 100's. API was 160 and the highest on Salifert. I was blown away. I'm assuming that the levels must have risen very slowly over the years that all fish,corals, rbtas, invertebrates such as shrimps, crabs etc weren't affected at all.
I dropped the nitrates down to 20 after several months of vodka/vinegar dosing and upgrading skimmer to bk mini. Then i stopped and went to prodibio which kept levels steady at 20 but not any lower. I feed heavy and never stopped. I like to keep my fish fat and happy. Lol.
After getting the scrubber a few months ago, it took a few weeks for it to take off and grow nice seaweed. Once it started it hasn't stopped. I take out weekly chunks. My nitrates are at 5. And like stated i feed heavy. Phos is 0 using Hanna.
Very satisfied with the scrubber as you can see I have no space for refugium so this option was perfect. Only part I regret is not getting the next size up. I got the small one which is for 1 cube a day feeding.

Last edited:

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Baby gold torches that spawned in tank are getting big. And they are starting to split which is pretty cool.
Blue carpet is doing well. I feed it every other day a few pe mysis. Not feeding it nothing big

Clowns still hosting rbta. Female ventured off to right side of tank to look at the carpet but no interest. I read that tomatos are no too fond of carpets. Wish I could get another pair of clowns for carpet but really don't want my tomato to kill them. She is evil but I love her. Lol. She's been with me like 12-13 years. I forgot.

Last edited:

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Pics of baby gold torches. Lights just came on in pic so they are a lil small in FTs above u can see size of them fully open. Have another which is hard to get pic of. That one is huge. Can't go wrong with free golds growing in tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 250

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Thank you. I bought the tank used off a member on here. It's a deep blue 75 rimless. The stand I built myself

Heres an update of my set up.
Finally upgraded my sump to a custom king. Also got rid of the hog1. It was doing very well but decided to give a fuge a shot since the hog was doing well. The custom king sump is top notch. Great quality. I'm happy with purchase. I have more space in skimmer section. My bubble king was way too tight in old set up n was a pain to take cup off.
Also upgraded my ato. Got the new smart ato micro. Had the original smart ato n loved it. Decided to upgrade to the micro since the sensor is in water n not outside.
Here's a pic of sump now. I recommend anyone looking to get a custom sump to contact Jeff/custom king

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: