cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Oh how I would love an Arid! Funds are just a little tight right now. I am getting laid off in a few weeks. I am doing by best just to get it up and running. Having the Arid would have saved me some plumbing too not needing to run a reactor in addition. In reality the Arid isn't really more than a skimmer and reactor would be except this build has kind of been a 'what can I find in the closet' build so far. I really hope I can upgrade and possibly include an arid at some point. Would fit great inside my stand and sump.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
First night of sea horse training class and 200 pages of reading later and Im tired but excited!

So many options its great. Definitely going mixed reef on this...

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
It looks like you have a custom king sump. That original spot you placed the drain is where his custom reactor was located. You would either T off or run a separate pump. The bottom right location is where the drain should be located.

I had a prior setup almost in the same configuration with the reactor in that place and style. Either fuge or skimmer section (middle). Doesn't look like they left room for a dedicated fuge area or original customer was using an external skimmer and meant for a fuge.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Pretty sure drain is supposed to go there because there is a built in sock holder. The chamber in front right maybe for that custom reactor. An aquac urchin would fit perfect but I stuck my drop in chiller in there. Reactor will be brs dual hung on the side and skimmer will go in fuge area. I will just use a chaeto basket.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: