Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
if you vodka dosing aren't you supposed to keep Alk from 7 to 8 dKH ?

I did read that while researching about it, But i did notice that my corals do better when alk is between 9-10

I think stability is more important than where you specifically you keep your levels at.
if you vodka dosing aren't you supposed to keep Alk from 7 to 8 dKH ?

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
quja9era.jpg

mu6adyse.jpg

mu4aqeny.jpg

anu9u8un.jpg

esajeza8.jpg

uvygygy4.jpg

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Hello everyone... Haven't been updating everything, since in this past two months my tank has been in recovery mode.

The cable for the pump that was feeding the gfo reactor burnt inside the tank so the chemicals that it leached in the water was no good.. I had a couple losses in fish and corals ... Only my sps suffered ( like usual )
50% of my sps bleached overnight, My pink milli browned out and a two small frags of different acros receded and died
Fish wise I just had a 3 anthias died on me..

So for me it was a lot of water and carbon changes and doses of trace elements to bring back those corals back to life.

They are good now, not if full colors like before but with time everything is possible.

pbjelly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I love this tank! So beautiful, and so well laid out.
It sounds like you are thinking of changing the setup - to add more room for corals maybe?
You've got a great eye, so I'm sure whatever you decide will look great - but this looks amazing just as it is now.

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I love this tank! So beautiful, and so well laid out.
It sounds like you are thinking of changing the setup - to add more room for corals maybe?
You've got a great eye, so I'm sure whatever you decide will look great - but this looks amazing just as it is now.

Thanks very much jelly!
I do want to add more liverock because I ran out of all the space for new sps to grow

I want to do some type of arch in the left side of the tank.
Maybe with tonga branches or Fiji rock
Let's see what I come out with

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Here is updated pictures of mi 2.5gal pick tank
Just with 20% water changes every 2-3 days from the main tank.
Everything is doing pretty good.
The only "con" might be that for me it is hard to work in such a small setup lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416690361.718623.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416690386.440309.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: