evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Damn, I can't wait for the chance to have a sump room and able to organize as you. What size is the sump? Surprised you didn't go as big as possible. You look like you still have a ton of room.

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Got the salt water mixing station complete!
u9anequz.jpg

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Okay well I have not posted up in a while - been busy with work and life but I did make a few modifications to my system. Due to my travel and being away from the tank more than I like I am a true believer in a controller for stability and warnings.

After having my skimmer overflow spill out 2 times now - once so bad lost some nice SPS due to the swings, here are the changes I have made.

I added a break out box to my Apex, I added a float switch to my skimate container - this way if it runs wet when i am not home - or even home i will be notified to my cell of the issue and it will shut off the skimmer.

I also put that 5 gallon bucket in a 20 gallon brute with a leak detector inside the brute, that if activated will shut off the skimmer. This is in case the float switch sticks or fails.

I added 2 leak detectors one by the sump, one upstairs under the DT.

I added 2 additional float switches, one upstairs in the DT overflow and one in the frag tank overflow - both will kill the pumps that run them if the overflow clogs or backs up preventing a larger disaster.

to wrap it all up nice in a bow, I got a new MP40 for the DT, and hooked my 95 wave FW cichlid tank to the apex system with a Eb8, PM1 and temp controller :)

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Thanks! I also got my SW mixing station set up on the apex. It mixes 5 minutes an hour to keep it churned and added a heater so the day before a water change i can heat the water up. I also ran a line from the RO unit upstairs to my FW tank so now I don't need to haul buckets to top off!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: