nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Thanks man!! managed to get some water and rock into the tank....

Attachments

• 20140913_132345.jpg
    20140913_132345.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 439

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
We'll she's full and running. Have one minor drip around a bulkhead that I'll take care of tonight. Aside from that once it clears up completely I'll finalize the rockwork. I must say after living most of my reefing life with just 18inches of depth, 36" depth is unbelievable.

I left about a foot behind the tank so I can access my fuge and all the plumbing relatively easy (unless i pack on a few pounds).

Tonight's goal is to get the CA reactor up and running. Shouldn't be too hard, but like with anything else, it always is.

Anyway here's a pic of the tank as it stood last night.

Attachments

• 20140914_195932.jpg
    20140914_195932.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 413

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
hm, how did cutting the hole in the wood for the skimmer help give you room to take the cup off?

I can't see it very clearly, but it still looks like there isn't much space. Do you only have like .5-1" of wiggle room to take off the skimmer cup?

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
hm, how did cutting the hole in the wood for the skimmer help give you room to take the cup off?

I can't see it very clearly, but it still looks like there isn't much space. Do you only have like .5-1" of wiggle room to take off the skimmer cup?

I'll try to take a pic tonight, but there's about .5"-3/4" of clearance above the skimmer cup when it's running. When I pull the cup off it's probably closer to 1/4" of clearance above.

I made the cut out 12" by 18". The skimmer lid is about 11" in diameter, so i gave myself a little extra room. I then added the diameter of the skimmer next about 5" and then a couple more inches just in case. When I'm taking the cup off, I go straight up to pop it out and then move it to the right and then drop it once i clear the skimmer.

It worked out, thankfully or I'd be in the market for a new skimmer.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Thanks Bugg!

Did some more work on the tank last night. Got the ATO setup, cleaned up the sump and got the CA reactor running. I noticed I have a ton of grass shrimp that made it into my sump which is great.

Today I'll hook up the CO2 and slowly ramp up my CA Reactor. Also want to get the rockwork done tonight and hopefully get the fuge installed. The fuge I want more for the pods/shrimp/extra little critters and a little for the chaeto/macro algae. Going to stick a few smallers pieces of LR in there to give the pods a place to :bunnies:

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
rock is set how I want it :) just have three extra pieces in the middle I have to get rid of so the entire center of the tank can be open. have one other piece of tonga branch i have to work into the scape but other than that its complete.

Attachments

• 20140918_214634.jpg
    20140918_214634.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 434

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Update:

Tank is chugging along. Skimmer has been kicking but on the new system, fish all seem much happier and the corals are doing great. Probably helps that my hand hasn't been inside the tank much since I set it up. I also haven't wiped the glass since I set it up and it's actually not that bad.

Going to be dosing MG through a doser and CA & Alk by a calcium reactor. Only other thing I'm running is carbon in a phosban reactor. Will post some pics once i have some new frags in the tank!

Picked up a couple WP25's and those thing kick butt. Flow in the tank is 2*MP40, 2*WP25 & 1 Tunze nano 6045 blowing across the back wall. Sand has stopped flying around and settled nicely.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: