Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
After reading countless hours of all those nice tank threads I decided to do my own thread and progress my build,

I've been the hobby quite sometime and had a nice tank(150g ) I lost during Sandy but decided to set up a 40g and do a thread, so hear we go!

40 gallon Breeder tank ( 36" x 18" x 17" ) glass box overflow

Equipment

20 gallon sump w/sec for refugium
Rio 2100 return pump (soon change)
200w heater
Tunze 6045 (flow)
Eshopps PSK 100 skimmer
other stuff to add on as I build

Lighting

A DIY canopy w/5 rows of T5s and fans for cooling
Front to back (2 & 4 on 1 ballast / rest on other ballast)

1 Blue plus
2 Violet (Blue Actinic)
3 Purple plus
4 Blue plus special
5 Blue plus

Tank has been up for several months and cycled with cooked rock and has been doing fine so far, soon some pic to go with the thread

So now the journey begins and thanks to all that look, comment and give idea as well as advice to help me along my way !!!

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Some frags coming up , sorry don't know much of their names so if you know just let me know , thanks

I think a stylo

Left-Stag right-green tip bird nest

I think a ponape bird nest

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Have some more sorry for bad quality

Green slimmer

left- frog skinned acro right -acro?

yellow fuzzy acro -has grown a little since I first got it ( wasn't as many branches )

Tri-color acro( left) and Hawkins (right )

Hawkins (also grew a little since I first got it)

front left ( Monti )
Back ( birdsnest )
right ( I have no idea but is pretty )

last a colony( was doing good but all of a sudden I see white blotching on the base ( lack of light ? ))just give it a little more time then I'll move it

Oh almost forgot the Parms of the tank( I also dose BRS 2 part)

Temp 77-79
Ammo-0
Nitrate- (-0.05)
Ph 8.2
Alk-7.5-8.5
Cal-430
Mag-1350
Phos-0

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Off to a nice start. Keep the pics coming Will!

Will do !
But a special shout out to you for getting me off on the right foot ........
and when they grow out to be full grown colonies like yours ,I have you to thank, and one day I hope to have a coral that you don't have and want so I can return the favor buddy!

and don't forget me when its time to set that up,Ok?

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Now the auto top off set up ( getting everything in order and will clean up the wiring soon )

Black tube from water source
Blue to the return of sump

blue tube under the bridge of ato sensor to keep it held in place ( so no accidents.. you know what I mean)

blue tube also lodged into side of tie used to secure the sensor( also so no accidents ) and if you look you can view the ato working ( running water)

another one of the ato working

Sorry about the not clear pics got to work on my camera skills but will get better as my tank matures remember a work in progress

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Ato tank

Now a shot of two frags with better polyp extensions ( maybe the skimmer...lol it sounded good)

Sorry bad pic but if you compare this to the one earlier in the post , just a little bit more and in this hobby a little more in coral growth is a good thing

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Will do !
But a special shout out to you for getting me off on the right foot ........
and when they grow out to be full grown colonies like yours ,I have you to thank, and one day I hope to have a coral that you don't have and want so I can return the favor buddy!

and don't forget me when its time to set that up,Ok?

You got it buddy!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: