jaywee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Also like to share my planted setup. It's a 12g long Mr Aqua. I've had this baby for over a year now. It's a little unkept. Need to do some trimming and pull out some of that nasty algae.

16044483380_9e24e1009d_c.jpg

jaywee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Nice planted! Do u run co2

I don't run co2 at all. I dry start for 4 months before flooding so my baby tears and other plants got really rooted into the substrate. I do dose fluorish excel and use RO/DI water and my lights are on a 12hr cycle. I have breeding crystal red shrimps. No lucky on fish though. Seem to always jump out or die.

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
this might be a dumb question, but with the picture of you put up of the "My little Ponape Birdsnest Shrine being worshipped by Acans." do you plan on feeding the acans by hand or anything or just kind of let it filter feed?

jaywee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
this might be a dumb question, but with the picture of you put up of the "My little Ponape Birdsnest Shrine being worshipped by Acans." do you plan on feeding the acans by hand or anything or just kind of let it filter feed?

I occasionally feed coral frenzy. Like once a week. Seems to work for me. They were only 1 or 2 heads on each frag a year ago.

jaywee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
My SPS Pillar is partially complete with lotsa frags. Can't wait for them to grow quick and outwards. Will probably have to relocate some of these guy at a later stage once they start touching. Or avoid growing into each other and create some sort of interesting shape. :D

16275940792_010efe6491_c.jpg

16089232398_08d8cfb795_c.jpg

jaywee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
A new super hot addition. :) A Red Spider Sponge. Heard this thing is super hard to keep. Had it for a week and its been doing pretty well. Polyps are all extending and fluffy. but the slightest touch or too much flow it shrinks and start to look leathery. Really interesting. Mine seems to like strong flow but not direct and lower light. Also needs constant feeding like 3 times a day. I'm gonna start feeding less to see how it does.

16090650699_2f2f39c507_c.jpg

duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
A new super hot addition. :) A Red Spider Sponge. Heard this thing is super hard to keep. Had it for a week and its been doing pretty well. Polyps are all extending and fluffy. but the slightest touch or too much flow it shrinks and start to look leathery. Really interesting. Mine seems to like strong flow but not direct and lower light. Also needs constant feeding like 3 times a day. I'm gonna start feeding less to see how it does.

one of my favorites
feed cyclops and rotifers

jaywee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Finally got a proper and fast Macro lens to take pictures of me fast swimming fishies! :)

My Six line wrasse been very hardworking at eating all the unwanted pest on my live rock.
15682396623_5cb48dd30a_z.jpg

Selfie Time!!!
16114727848_0e200cc992_z.jpg

My Mandarin Dragonet playing a little Peekaboo.
16116141899_1e84a19f46_z.jpg

My Snowflake. A real survivor. Been with me since 3 tanks ago.
15679867534_2272f9c5e1_z.jpg

So my snowflake's been solo for almost 2 years now. She's a real nasty one. She killed her partner ages ago. Now I'm determined to pair her with another clown. Since she's been solo for so long, I reckon she's turned female and won't be changing her sex no more so I'll have to pick a smaller size male to pair her with. So I got 2 Juvenile clowns to see which one she would pair with. I'll eventually have to take the odd one out and put him in another tank. But all 3 have been doing so well I'm real surprised! My big snowflake hasn't been *****y and she's been swimming with the 2 babies as a pact.

I got a Wyoming White and a Flurry. I have no idea which is which. they look so similar. haha. But i think the first one is a Flurry. You experts out there please help me ID.
16116432667_e708864c21_z.jpg

16276354336_a2eb8fbcdf_z.jpg

15679872354_1118f6b6ea_z.jpg

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Really great shots with that new lens of yours. I hope you keep shooting away with this thing, you really have an eye for it.

Especially the 6-line, I know how hard those things are to shoot. They never stop going.

jaywee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Really great shots with that new lens of yours. I hope you keep shooting away with this thing, you really have an eye for it.

Especially the 6-line, I know how hard those things are to shoot. They never stop going.

Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words. I find it helpful to shoot right after I feed these greedy pigs haha. Get them real full so they move less.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: