Hockeynut

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been poking around this site for a while and have been a member for a time and havnt really been posting much. I have been running this 90 gal for just about 2 years now and figured I would introduce myself and start a tank thread at the same time.
I have had reef tanks on and off since the early 90's mostly off but I have had a couple. This is the Equiptment I am running:
Tank is a RR deep blue 90 visible on all 4 sides it is in the center of my living room.
Return is a jeabo 6000
Skimmer is a seaside aquatics cs-180
Heater is ehiem 300w
I run GFO and GAC in a BRS duel reactor
Sump is home made and is a 75 gal tank
I dose 2 part via BRS dosers
Water movement is provided by 1 mp40 and one jeabo wp25
Lighting is 2 AI color Vegas and 2 ATI 39w blue plus t-5s soon to be 4
The stand and canopy are custom made by me and are cherry wood with a satin poly finish.
All is controlled by a DA reef keeper elite v2
I tried to up load more pics but for some reason I can't so I will post this and post separate pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 359

Hockeynut

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been running for 2 years. Yea should have changed out that sock usually I'm better at hiding my maintenance flaws, honestly I generally don't use that type of sock I just have a mesh on there but I have been battling some Cyano and I just blew off the rocks earlier that day so I didn't swap it out.
Thanks for the kind words

Hockeynut

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks m-down and mjg, Im happy with this setup but I have the itch to go bigger like most. I keep looking at that 180 a 6 ' tank would be awesome in my living room it's hard though I'm not willing to tear everything down that I have been working so hard to achieve for the past 2 years I'm torn, what to do?????
On another note I just picked up another mp40 today so bye bye wp25 I can't wait to see the flow with two mp40s on the 90. I used to run a wp40 with the MP 40 and the flow was great I'm hoping this will be better.

Hockeynut

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there boys and girls time for a little tank update, I decided to use chemi clean to help with the Cyano I had pretty good luck with it which leads me to my new and more pressing issue. The Cyano is gone but I think I have some dinoflagellates. I have been doing a lot of research and this seems to be the case. I have never had to deal with them before and there is a lot of info out there on the subject but I feel that most of it is opinion based and not based on true tests. So now what to do I think I will shut down my weekly water changes for a time and syphon through an sock. This worries me a little due to my bio load but I will run with it for A time and maybe go lights out for a couple days ere's a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 130

Hockeynut

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this might be one of my last updates on this tank with the new 180 supposed to come in this week I'm trying to get everything together for next weekend or the weekend after.
I took some full tank shots today and a couple close ups. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431391991.776294.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431392006.029329.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431392015.684084.jpg
Couple close
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431392061.624548.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431392073.747833.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431392092.719970.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431392111.681059.jpg
It's tough to take down this tank right when it all seems to be coming together couple moreImageUploadedByTapatalk1431392207.379301.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431392230.390565.jpg

Hockeynut

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it goes in cycles I guess sometimes it is really clean and other times it gets a little dingy. I have a lot of flow and lots of critters. It seems like it's always moving so I'm shuffling it around a lot so I guess nothing ever really get a foot hold.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: