BKreefbaby

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
looks great....how do you like the hydra 26 over your tank? i have a 40 no i was thinking of getting the hydra 52...or do you think the 26 is strong enough for a 40?

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
The Hydra 26 paired with the director is an amazing light, super bright! If you have a 40 breeder I would go with the 52. The 26 only covers a 24x24 area which is perfect for my tank, any wider you would have to raise the light pretty high and you would be losing a lot of par.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
other than fish, what corals are u planning on stocking?

Mixed reef SPS and LPS. Also have a huge RBTA that I got from a fellow member. So far I have a pair of baby Onyx clowns and a yellow watchman goby.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 221

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I would only upgrade to the 52. How many of the Jebao pumps are you using in addition to the returns? I was thinking about an additional MP10 with the one I have

A 52 would be overkill for this tank and to much spread imo. I'm just running one RW4 and with the two return pumps is more then enough flow, also my rw4 is only turned up halfway. I guess you could run to mp10s since they are not as strong as the rw4s but I also think that would be overkill.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: