herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
With the promise of a case of newcastles and whitecastles by DVS aka phil here goes another tank thread :D And for those of you that wonder, I did not piss into it this time as I was using old water and established rocks. This is however yet another temporary tank in the ongoing list of temporary tanks

Lets start with the list of stuff crammed into the tank.

The tank itself is a 48"x24"x24" glasscages tank featuring a big overflow containing 2 x 1.5" drains and 2 3/4" returns. The tank also has 6" "splashguards". I just call them shelves:D The sump is a modified 30g acryllic

Equipment list:

FILTRATION ETC

Skimmer - Deltec AP-702 (gravityfed)
Calcium Reactor - Deltec PF-601 S (5lb Alluminum CO2 bottle with Aquamedic regulator and solenoid)reactor fed by aqualifter.
Kalk Stirrer - Deltec KM-500 S
Filters - Schuran Multifilter 1000 (1 carbon and 1 Phosban)
Return Pump - Quiet One 6000 (borrowed from Jhale while waiting for RD 6.5)
Flow - OM Squirt
Flow - 2 x Tunze 6100 on multicontroller
Topoff - Tunze Osmolator

LIGHTING

2 x 48 inch T5 URI Super Actinic 420nm F54T5/V-HO 85 watt
2 x 48 inch T5 URI Actinic White 12,000K F54T5/V-HO 85 watt
2 x Ushio 250 watt Aqualite 14,000K DE metal halide lamp
1 x 48" compact strip moonlight (blue)
4 x Icecap T5 reflectors
2 x Icecap 250/400w reflectors
Bluewave VII magnetic HQI Ballast
2 x Icecap MH250 in Icecap ballastbox on standby
1 x Icecap 660 soon to be replaced by 2 x Icecap 430
2 x 4" fans for temperature control

MISC

Reefkeeper 2 controller
Finnex Titanium Heater
Spectrapure Litermeter III with additional pumpmodules

Thats all I remember for now. Will add to list later today :D

Attachments

• FTS JHale.jpg
    FTS JHale.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 566
  • Equipment.jpg
    Equipment.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 561
  • FTS Herman 2.jpg
    FTS Herman 2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 560
  • Left Corner 2.jpg
    Left Corner 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 563
  • Left Corner.jpg
    Left Corner.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 561
  • Right Corner 2.jpg
    Right Corner 2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 550
  • Right Corner.jpg
    Right Corner.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 546

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
there better be pics coming before 3000 views.

you know I still have the ones i shot :irked:

you should include the QT frag tank in the thread also.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Nice engine you got there. Is that a deltec skimmer as well? The tank looks great. Which are the reef ceramics you said you had? I don't see any on the walls. More pics!

Never mind the skimmer question, i am too busy looking for pics, i missed the reading part, lol.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Nice engine you got there. Is that a deltec skimmer as well? The tank looks great. Which are the reef ceramics you said you had? I don't see any on the walls. More pics!

I dont have the reefceramics walls. I have the fragrocks from reefceramics. You can barely tell the difference now since they have been sitting in the fragtank. I get more pics up with a couple of corals in there. I started putting them in this morning. Each coral gets put on a frag rock so its easy to remove them in the future if need be.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It's going to look stunning to say the least. And with top notch equipment like that, who needs water changes, lol. How long did you plan this out, or you bought all the gear in one shot?

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It's going to look stunning to say the least. And with top notch equipment like that, who needs water changes, lol. How long did you plan this out, or you bought all the gear in one shot?

It originally was not planned like this. It just happened :D That and other reefers fueling the addiction fire. :sgrin: Not that Im complaining. I have other stuff coming shortly. This is yet another temp setup. I figured its easier to run one 120g over 5 rubbermaids and a fragtank.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What's with the Schuran Multifitlers?
http://www.deltecusa.us/fluidizedreactors/fr1020.php
I thought you were looking for Deltec sponsorship? :)

The Deltecs are good but not quite what I was looking for. I did not want additional pumps and hoses all over the place. Space is limited. The Schuran has the aquabee mounted on the bottom. Just place it in the sump and youre good to go without connections and more hoses. That and I like the way they look :D Also the multifilter has a ballvalve on the output letting me regulate the flow. I ordered one for carbon and one for phosphate remover.
multifilter.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: