ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Hello reefers,

I finally got my tank and I can tell you that this tank exceeded my expectations when it comes to looks, strength and size. This tank is built by our local builder who lives and have business in Long Island. I wanted to give my business to someone who is local for few reasons which are - I want to be able to visit to see the tank progress anytime I want, Give business to someone who is local and reliability of service if anything goes wrong with the tank. So my new tank dimensions are 48" Widex48" Wide x32" High. I wanted to get wider tank but due to where the tank is and wall opening I already had I decided to go with this size and I can tell you that when looking at the tank from front it is deep. Tank is built like a tank due to craftsman ship. It does not look fancy like other tanks with polished glass, euro braces etc. This tank is built out of 3/4" thick glass. Besides silicone holding the glass panes this tank has anodized aluminum angles on all sides including top, sides and bottom. On top it has 1" aluminum brace, 1" on the sides and 2" on the bottom. Bottom of the tank has 3/4" sealed plywood and 3/4" is sitting on plywood with silicone between and then on top of the 3/4" bottom there 1/4" thick abs single piece of sheet that covers the bottom of the tank. There is external overflow box that is 32" Wide X 26" High X 12" Deep. I wanted to be able to hold my quarantined fishes in the overflow box before I introduce them to display tank. Tank is going to be visible from all sides. There are ton of pictures to come. Here are some of the picture of the tank as of right now...

Attachments

• DSC_0165.jpg
    DSC_0165.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 572
  • DSC_0166.jpg
    DSC_0166.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 565
  • DSC_0167.jpg
    DSC_0167.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 566
  • DSC_0170.jpg
    DSC_0170.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 568
  • DSC_0171.jpg
    DSC_0171.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 575
  • DSC_0168.jpg
    DSC_0168.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 575
  • DSC_0158.jpg
    DSC_0158.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 555

sealtea116

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'm assuming that gray bin under the tanks is going to be the sump really nice tank and nice idea with the overflow I guess you will have a screen of some sort so that the fish don't end up in the sump

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I'm assuming that gray bin under the tanks is going to be the sump really nice tank and nice idea with the overflow I guess you will have a screen of some sort so that the fish don't end up in the sump

Thanks, Yes the grey bin is going to another tank under the display tank, Back part of the bin going to be fuge and rest will all aggressive tank with live rock and sand, this can hold 275 gal of water, but i am planning on using 200 gal for tank and rest of 75 gallons for emergency drain.

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Good luck Ravi why the aluminum around the edges they can't do that size with out?

Thank You Matt, yes they can do that size without all this custom work is done by the builder, I could not picture how is it going to look in the beginning but when I saw when it was 75% complete it made all the sense, Inside the tank there is no visible silicone it is all sealed with abs from the bottom to top and all corners, You are welcome to stop by to see his craftsmanship...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: