ezaudio2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
455   0   0
Starting a thread for my new tank build. Tag along if you like.
Suggestions and comments are welcome.

Tank specs are as follows:
custom 60" x 18" x 22" Tall.
5/8" starfire front. 5/8" back. 1/2" sides.
Corner overflow 1" drain 3/4" return.

Last edited:

ezaudio2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
455   0   0
Drawing of what I was going for

Attachments

• IMG_8028-2.jpg
    IMG_8028-2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 409

ezaudio2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
455   0   0
Time for an update. Here is a picture of the stand. Made by Tttony on the forum here. He did a beautiful job.

Attachments

• IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_2039.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 277

ezaudio2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
455   0   0
tank and stand in place. Tank was made by Reefoman on the forum here. He did a beautiful job as always. Big shout out and many thanks for all of the help. More updates to come.

Attachments

• IMG_2041.jpg
    IMG_2041.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 276

ezaudio2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
455   0   0
Tank stand and light

Sump picture

Tank with lights on

Attachments

• IMG_2055.jpg
    IMG_2055.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_2053.jpg
    IMG_2053.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 275

ezaudio2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
455   0   0
So after many months and a lot of work the tank is finally running. I had to reinforce the floor to support the extra weight of the larger tank. I added joists and metal braced everything then changed the subfloor to new thicker plywood. After that I had to self level the floor under the tank because nothing is ever level and i didn't want to see the difference in the water height from one side of the tank to the other. Then it was time to paint the room. After that I installed the stand which I cut into the paneling to not take away more then I had to from the room because it is small to begin with. Then I ran a dedicated line from the panel into the electrical compartment in the stand for a 20amp circuit so the tank can have its own line. Followed by an ro line from my ro unit to the ato so I can have it automatically fill via the apex and float switches. Made sure to have a mechanical float valve on it as a fail safe just in case. Then I plumbed the sump in and all of the other feeds on the manifold. Then installed under cabinet lights on magnetic switches so when you open any of the doors little led lights go on inside to light it up so you can see what youre doing. Now I am working on the rock work which is proving to be more difficult then i had hoped. More updates to come.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: