bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
5 Month Update.
Well after 5 years of not quarantining it has finally got me. A few months ago i ended up losing all my fish over a 2 week period. I let the tank go fallow and recently added some new fish.
Here is a update video
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4uQVXOEtcqk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Tank is looking good Joe, but putting a valve on the drain maybe asking for trouble. A drain will only flow at the rate of the return unless the return is more than the capacity of the drain ... Either way may cause a flood. Control the drain by controlling the return. I have never put a restriction on a drain.

bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Thanks for the heads up Mike. No matter how high or low i made my flow on the return pump the drain always made a loud gurgle noise. I'm going to be switching out for a better return pump soon so hopefully that will fix the issue and i can keep the valve fully open.

Sahin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank. I saw the video on YT and came across your thread. I may have missed it in the thread but what is the filtration and what are you dosing?

bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Unfortunately these will be the last pictures of this tank. It made it to the one year mark but the bubbles the seams became a concern and marineland suggested it get replaced before it blows. I decided to go with a different tank. I will be creating a new thread once it gets here.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: