nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
So I picked up my new to me, Elos 70 system w/white stand. Im starting by cleaning up all the parts; plumbing, skimmer, sump, tank, and pumps. Then I'll begin to transfer everything from my Cadlight system sand, rock, and livestock. It's very clean except for a small 1" scratch on the front pane, and a bad black paint job on the back pane. I plan to clean off the black paint and possibly apply limo black tint film.

I'm looking for some help with finding a wenge or black color door or suggestions on how to paint my door? I'll upload pictures as the process takes place, and the system comes to life. If you own one please advise me how that sump actually works, I'm a bit confused how the three cambers in the front work and where does the return pump go?

Once this setup is up and running I'll have the 50ga Cadlight rinsed and ready for its new owner, I've listed it on the "for sale" thread but no one has jumped on it. I'm thinking that I probably would be better off leaving the fish in the Cadlight for a while since moving the rock and sand will start a cycle. Any opinions? Or can I just introduce them right away? I plan to use most of the water currently in the Cadlight system.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 524

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Elos 70

I switched because this will probably be the last tank I'm owning and its big enough (55ga) where I can have room to grow out my frags and still have room so the fish can swim. I liked the dimensions basicly, I'm trying to decalcify the overflow so filled it with fresh water and vinegar.

@reefmonkey13 in regards to the plumbing where can I buy new return nozzles?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Elos 70

@ReefMonkey13 yes I was looking for the return nozzles that come out of the overflow box. Also, what is that hole on top of the overflow for? It goes all the way down to the bottom of the overflow box.

Thanks for replying

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Overflow Question

Ok thanks for the reply, so it's meant to be open. I'm building a floor for the stand, bought a piece of melamine at HD. I can't believe these stands come without a floor/bottom.

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Elos Overflow

Thanks for the reply makes sense, I thought it was another overflow pipe as a backup. I just installed a bottom piece on the stand in order to raise the sump off the floor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 306

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Elos 70

Just a little update; did a slight modification to the original Elos sump. Since I won't be using the original Elos skimmer and I n order to use the original sump I drilled (3) 1-3/8" holes in the glass so that I can instead use my AquaMaxx Cone skimmer.

Now the tank will drain into a sock in the first reaction chamber, then under a baffle into a second chamber where I'll place ceramic media, then into a third reaction chamber where I'll place a Chemipure bag, after that into the skimmer chamber where I'll have a IM Mini Max reactor with biopellets, and the AquaMaxx cone skimmer, and finally into the return chamber. I'll be updating with any progress.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 258

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: